Daniel E.

38 gal. Stocking.

114 posts in this topic

How are you treating?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They had ick the day I got them so I've been treating with ick remedy as per the instructions on the bottle .

I've been doing between a 25 and 50% WC daily.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How are the Angels doing?
He seams to be doing some better this morning. I turned the thermostat down a couple of degrees to see if that helps. I've had it at because I've had it at the upper end for what Angels like due to the ich. It was at 86-88°F I cut it back to 84°F. I don't know if that helped or not really but he is doing a little better now.

• Like 1

Thats good to hear. High heat really lowers the O2 content, so its important to have enough surface agitation to facilitate this exchange of CO2/O2.

Thats good to hear. High heat really lowers the O2 content, so its important to have enough surface agitation to facilitate this exchange of CO2/O2.

That's why I have an air stone going. :)

• Like 1

Update. Everyone is still alive, thankfully. They seem more scared and run away when I come close. I think it's all the WCs I'm doing with the meds. I have them scared of me. Hopefully that will change as things settle down.

They will soon associate you with food... and after that, its game over! ;)

How is everything going Daniel?

How is everything going Daniel?
Still some ich on a couple so still medicating. Everyone is alive and they are still eating. I've changed the way I'm doing WCs to a 50% every other day and that seems to have helped them be less stressed.
The plants are starting to grow and I think I got too many now lol. But I'll let them grow and then move some to the bigger tank once it's ready.

Also thinking once the driftwood comes (they had to send a new order because the other got lost in the mail) I may add a sand cap to the substrate.

• Like 2

Got a 125 gallon tank today. It will be a while before I can set it up but I got it for when the angels grow out.
It needs some TLC. It came with a stand, glass hoods and a fluval 406 canister. I also have a Marineland 350 HOB so I should be good on filtration.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel E. said:

Got a 125 gallon tank today. It will be a while before I can set it up but I got it for when the angels grow out.
It needs some TLC. It came with a stand, glass hoods and a fluval 406 canister. I also have a Marineland 350 HOB so I should be good on filtration.

Congrats on the tank!!! I use 2 Marineland Penguin 350 filters on my 125 Oscar tank and they do a great job!!!

• Like 1

Thanks. I used to hate the biowheel filters but I've come to like them a lot lately.

Congrats on the tank!!! I use 2 Marineland Penguin 350 filters on my 125 Oscar tank and they do a great job!!!

9 minutes ago, Daniel E. said:

Thanks. I used to hate the biowheel filters but I've come to like them a lot lately.

They are the only filter's I use. Easy to maintain and you can have you own filter media in them. You have seen my tanks. I have crystal clear water. 

• Like 1

They are the only filter's I use. Easy to maintain and you can have you own filter media in them. You have seen my tanks. I have crystal clear water. 
What I'm thinking is using the two slots for the grey open cartridges and using one for bio media, one for Purigen, and then place a sponge in the open part of the back.

Something kind of like this.
e9304e2304549215a3451462daa31987.jpg