koko

Tank of the Month June 2018 Winner "happysnapper"

6 posts in this topic

@happysnapper Congrats thats a really nice photo :)

"This is my 55g planted with ONE single drama fish, some Buenos Aires tetras, some rainbow fish, and a neon dwarf gourami. All easy low-maintenance plants. "

e43e6dbf167274cb2364f6007dca49f0.jpg

TOTM.jpg

• Like 1

Congratulations!!!! Beautiful tank!!!

Great tank! I LOVED my BA tetras, glad to see that you have them! They rather hardy, and I find them great looking fish, yet no one really keeps em.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Congrats!! I love this picture :) 

WOW! Thank you!!! 

On 7/1/2018 at 7:13 PM, aussieJJDude said:

Great tank! I LOVED my BA tetras, glad to see that you have them! They rather hardy, and I find them great looking fish, yet no one really keeps em.

Honestly, they are so crazy! LOL They are fast and they get just manic but they are pretty. I had to net them all once and I hope I NEVER have to do that again lol.

• Like 1

WOW! Thank you!!! 
Honestly, they are so crazy! LOL They are fast and they get just manic but they are pretty. I had to net them all once and I hope I NEVER have to do that again lol.
Haha, they not as bad as kuhli loaches. For me, they are the definition of impossible. They long wormy fish, that can do a mad dash around the tank, hide under virtually anything and will dig into the substrate.... i pretty mich drained my tank to an inch of water, and was still struggling to catch the buggers! :)

I find that the BA tetras are pretty easy to outwit them once you establish how they behave... but maybe that what just mine, since they are big bulky fish so they didn't have a lot of options once decor was removed.