Pic of the week
suanough

Very New Member

7 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I am putting together a 20g tank for a spotlight goldfish. I would like to find a Veiltail that is remarkable in some way. Perhaps a stunning Calico or ???

This will be my fifth tank, I have a small 5g nano-community tank, a 10g Congo Tetra tank, a 5g tank with a Mexican Blue Crayfish and 2 guppys and a 5g shrimp tank that will also hold a Male HM Betta. 

That's it but it keeps me very busy. Looking forward to meeting y'all and sharing experiences...

Suanough (Sue Anna) It's Irish

:hi there Im Irish too :)

Veiltails are really hard to find. You could look into ECR (eastcoast Ranchu) I know she carries mostly Ranchu's but sometimes she has other fish. She's really good with her fish too :) The other one you could look into is Dandy Oranda's too. He has auctions, not sure when or how many :)

I would love to see some photos of your tanks :) 

Veiltails lack vigor and tend to bottom sit because of the tail weight.  I have seen breeders brag about a crop of veiltails that were still swimming at 3 years of age.  These fish present a challenge to highly experienced goldfish keepers.

Many inexperienced people call any fancy goldfish with a very long tail a "veiltail".  While veiltails have long fins, they have tails that are are all one length -- like a veil.  Most often the long-finned goldfish has a ribbon tail.

Thanks for the info, I think what I'm looking for is a Butterfly Telescope eye.

Thanks for the info, I think what I'm looking for is a Butterfly Telescope eye.

They certainly pretty, and very easy to find from experience since they are highly sort after! IMO you will do a lot better with them - and have far more enjoyment - then with veiltails!

Also, wanting to say welcome to Koko's!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Welcome to Kokos Sue Anna!!!

Good luck and welcome