SweetMamaKaty

ECR Oranda & Fantail for Rehoming

9 posts in this topic

Hi all, long time no see!  I'm sadly in a position where I need to rehome my fish...  I'm really hoping someone in the Great Lakes area (with a pond... hey a girl can hope right?!) will be interested in meeting up and taking these guys!

I have SwimFish, my original fantail from the beginning.  He was a Walmart fishy from February 2014, and the dude is a tank - lived through everything I've thrown at him.  Confirmed male. And I have Fluffernut, a Thai Oranda from ECR July 2016, confirmed female.  They were 63g and 110g in 2016, but I have not weighed them since.  They are probably about the same tbh.

image.png

Like I said, preference to someone willing to meet up, so maybe someone from Indiana, Michigan, Illinois...  I need to meet in Northern Indiana / Southern Michigan.  Cynthia from ECR has said she would be willing to take Fluffernut back, but if I can avoid the stress of shipping I'd like to.

For anyone interested, here's my blog recording the beginning:

Page 15 is when I got Fluffernut.

Aw I'm sorry you have to rehome them :( They are beautiful fish. I hope you can find someone willing to take them on

I sure hope someone will come and get them :hug 

Good luck on finding a home for them Kathleen.

Thanks girls!  I mentioned them to a friend of mine, who said her neighbors have a pond...  We shared some pictures and info, and I took them over today.  Sad to see them go, but happy at the same time because I know they will be well taken care of. :)  It's a 500 gallon goldfish pond owned by some very nice folks who get a lot of enjoyment from feeding them twice a day and caring for the fish.

Once they were in, I couldn't find Fluffernut again, but SwimFish made a few appearances. :)

IMG_4765.JPG

• Like 3

I'm Glad you were able to find them a lovely home

WOW a big pond. Im sure they will be so happy in there :heart 

Glad you found them a good home Kathleen.

I’m sorry you had to rehome, Kathleen!  But yay on it going smoothly!