Jump to content
Kokos Goldfish Forum
Fish Of Gold

White Bumps are back again

Recommended Posts

You could try the standby Epsom salt and combine kanaplex and furan-2, on the off chance it is bacterial.  I wouldn’t add in metro unless the gram negative antibiotics aren’t helping, since he was already treated with that in quarantine.

This is after you tried Koko’s silver, right?

Edited by Arctic Mama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

You could try the standby Epsom salt and combine kanaplex and furan-2, on the off chance it is bacterial.  I wouldn’t add in metro unless the gram negative antibiotics aren’t helping, since he was already treated with that in quarantine.

This is after you tried Koko’s silver, right?

We just did the main tank not the QT tank :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

You could try the standby Epsom salt and combine kanaplex and furan-2, on the off chance it is bacterial.  I wouldn’t add in metro unless the gram negative antibiotics aren’t helping, since he was already treated with that in quarantine.

This is after you tried Koko’s silver, right?

He is still in the quarantine tank, I was just treating him with canning salt, I wasn't treating him with Metro. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, koko said:

We just did the main tank not the QT tank :) 

Yes, that's right, I only added silver to the main tank. I did a water change in the main tank yesterday, should I have added more silver after the change, or was just the one initial dose enough? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I noted in the above information that you did metro, salt, and prazi when you first got him.  Or am I misunderstanding the form info?  

 

Remember, I don’t actually think this is bacterial at all, but if you’ve already treated the fish with gram positive antibiotics and he hasn’t been exposed to poor water quality or new livestock, the metro likely isn’t going to do much. The gram negatives make the most sense with dropsy presenting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Okay, I noted in the above information that you did metro, salt, and prazi when you first got him.  Or am I misunderstanding the form info?  

 

Remember, I don’t actually think this is bacterial at all, but if you’ve already treated the fish with gram positive antibiotics and he hasn’t been exposed to poor water quality or new livestock, the metro likely isn’t going to do much. The gram negatives make the most sense with dropsy presenting.

Yes, that was almost a year ago when he was in QT with Cosmo. I bought them a day apart from each other and didn't know that I shouldn't have put fish from 2 different stores together in the same QT tank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I still stand by my recommendations.  Start with the two gram negatives and epsom salt.  You can stop the canning salt and we will give it five days.  If there is no improvement within five days we can add in the metro as a last ditch effort.  

 

Kana and furan seem to play better together than oxy and furan, so that’s what I’d try.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Okay, I still stand by my recommendations.  Start with the two gram negatives and epsom salt.  You can stop the canning salt and we will give it five days.  If there is no improvement within five days we can add in the metro as a last ditch effort.  

 

Kana and furan seem to play better together than oxy and furan, so that’s what I’d try.  

Ok. So how much epsom salt per gallon? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to use 1/2 teaspoon per ten gallons :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

I like to use 1/2 teaspoon per ten gallons :)

OK thanks! :) I'll try this and see what happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how is everything? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, koko said:

how is everything? 

He's gone, Comet died last night :cryAt least he wasn't pine coned any more and was feeling better, but by the time I started cooking dinner last night he was suddenly gone. :crying:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2018 at 5:25 PM, Fish Of Gold said:

He's gone, Comet died last night :cryAt least he wasn't pine coned any more and was feeling better, but by the time I started cooking dinner last night he was suddenly gone. :crying:

Oh no Im so sorry, he looked in the last photo little bit better. :hug 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...