Fish Of Gold

White Bumps are back again

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

You could try the standby Epsom salt and combine kanaplex and furan-2, on the off chance it is bacterial.  I wouldn’t add in metro unless the gram negative antibiotics aren’t helping, since he was already treated with that in quarantine.

This is after you tried Koko’s silver, right?

Edited by Arctic Mama

6 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

You could try the standby Epsom salt and combine kanaplex and furan-2, on the off chance it is bacterial.  I wouldn’t add in metro unless the gram negative antibiotics aren’t helping, since he was already treated with that in quarantine.

We just did the main tank not the QT tank :) 

7 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

He is still in the quarantine tank, I was just treating him with canning salt, I wasn't treating him with Metro. 

6 minutes ago, koko said:

We just did the main tank not the QT tank :) 

Yes, that's right, I only added silver to the main tank. I did a water change in the main tank yesterday, should I have added more silver after the change, or was just the one initial dose enough? 

Okay, I noted in the above information that you did metro, salt, and prazi when you first got him.  Or am I misunderstanding the form info?  

Remember, I don’t actually think this is bacterial at all, but if you’ve already treated the fish with gram positive antibiotics and he hasn’t been exposed to poor water quality or new livestock, the metro likely isn’t going to do much. The gram negatives make the most sense with dropsy presenting.

8 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Okay, I noted in the above information that you did metro, salt, and prazi when you first got him.  Or am I misunderstanding the form info?  

Remember, I don’t actually think this is bacterial at all, but if you’ve already treated the fish with gram positive antibiotics and he hasn’t been exposed to poor water quality or new livestock, the metro likely isn’t going to do much. The gram negatives make the most sense with dropsy presenting.

Yes, that was almost a year ago when he was in QT with Cosmo. I bought them a day apart from each other and didn't know that I shouldn't have put fish from 2 different stores together in the same QT tank. 

Okay, I still stand by my recommendations.  Start with the two gram negatives and epsom salt.  You can stop the canning salt and we will give it five days.  If there is no improvement within five days we can add in the metro as a last ditch effort.  

Kana and furan seem to play better together than oxy and furan, so that’s what I’d try.  

3 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Okay, I still stand by my recommendations.  Start with the two gram negatives and epsom salt.  You can stop the canning salt and we will give it five days.  If there is no improvement within five days we can add in the metro as a last ditch effort.  

Kana and furan seem to play better together than oxy and furan, so that’s what I’d try.  

Ok. So how much epsom salt per gallon? 

I like to use 1/2 teaspoon per ten gallons :)

8 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

I like to use 1/2 teaspoon per ten gallons :)

OK thanks! :) I'll try this and see what happens. 

how is everything? 

8 hours ago, koko said:

how is everything? 

He's gone, Comet died last night :cryAt least he wasn't pine coned any more and was feeling better, but by the time I started cooking dinner last night he was suddenly gone. :crying:

On 6/30/2018 at 5:25 PM, Fish Of Gold said:

He's gone, Comet died last night :cryAt least he wasn't pine coned any more and was feeling better, but by the time I started cooking dinner last night he was suddenly gone. :crying:

Oh no Im so sorry, he looked in the last photo little bit better. :hug 

• Like 1