mjfromga

Given up

8 posts in this topic

The remaining two never did truly recover totally and slowly begin to develop neurological type symptoms. They would both swim very weird (often listing badly or spinning downwards or just weird). They were still alive and they did also eat, but they didn't seem to have much life in them and I just can't send anymore medicine their way. I euthanized both of them.

My favorite girl Shembje and her sidekick Tangelo are now gone with all the rest. They didn't even seem to recognize me anymore. It didn't seem right to keep them that way.

I don't think there's anything in the water they could spread at this point since I've slammed their tank with every type of medicine I can think of and I've seen no parasites at all. I did get a new fish for the tank, but I will miss my girls. 

Aw I'm so sorry :(

Thanks Mandy. Idk what that disease was but whatever it was, was just nasty. I ran multiple cycles of hot water through their old tank and I decided I don't wish to keep goldfish in tanks anymore. I never truly had good luck with it. 

Very sorry for your loss.

Thanks Dawn. I wasted a ton of money and time trying to save them in the end... But it just wasn't meant to be and keeping them alive when they seemed so out of sorts and unhappy wasn't right. 

Chris here...  My heart hurts for you MJ....  It takes a lot of energy to care for broken babies....  I have been caring for two for the last 2 years, lost one of the two in April...  I think that be cause we invest so much in them it’s harder to loose them... :heart 

I agree. I did love my girls a lot. But I had to let them go. 

Im sorry MJ. You did try your best :hug