Cavalier

Just wanted to say Hi and thanks

6 posts in this topic

I have been keeping goldfish for about 4 years now and I've had my share of heartbreaking mistakes along the way. Each time I did some google searching to find out where I went wrong and if there is anything else that I'm missing. Things would be going along fine and just as I was thinking I had a good handle on things something else would take me by surprise and I would be back to researching and learning again. I guess I still have a lot to learn and will continue to read as much as I can. Most recently I lost one of my orandas to dropsy yesterday.

Anyways every time I did a google search this forum kept popping up and I must say it's where I found the most informative information for what I was looking for. I just wanted to say thanks to all the great people here and this forum.

• Like 2

Welcome to Kokos!

Please read our guidelines for healthy goldfish.   You will find a summary of the most important aspects of goldfish care.

:hi and :welcome 

Please do read what Shakaho has posted. Its a good way to keep your fish healthy. If you have questions please ask, the only dumb one is the one not asked :teehee 

We all had to start somewhere!  And add me to the list who suggest the posted link - it helps SO much.  Remember that first and foremost you are a water keeper and fish happen to live in it.  If you get the water chemistry right and healthy and keep it in tip top shape, you can avoid so very many problems.

I’m sorry about your oranda.  If you need further help with your tanks please post and ask away.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the welcomes and the link.

Edited by Cavalier

22 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

We all had to start somewhere!  And add me to the list who suggest the posted link - it helps SO much.  Remember that first and foremost you are a water keeper and fish happen to live in it.  If you get the water chemistry right and healthy and keep it in tip top shape, you can avoid so very many problems.

I’m sorry about your oranda.  If you need further help with your tanks please post and ask away.

So true and then you get to watch them breed to if they are happy. Mine have done this three times this last month :crazy: