• * Ammonia Level(Tap) 0.25ppm
  • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0.1ppm
  • * Nitrate level(Tap) 1 ppm
  • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.7
  • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.7
  • Other Required Info:
  • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API Drops
  • * Water temperature? 24 C / 75 F
  • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 70L / 18 g quarantine tank running since May 3rd (11 days)
  • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Aquaclear HOB 70
  • * How often do you change the water and how much? Daily 85% WC
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 12 hours ago 85% WC

* How many fish in the tank and their size? 4 Ranchu 6-7cm including tail

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime

* What do you feed your fish and how often? Now feeding twice a day. AM pinch of new life spectrum 1mm pellets or 1/4 cube frozen brine shrimp. PM 1.5 pea (for all 4)

* Any new fish added to the tank? All 4 are new 

* Any medications added to the tank? Currently have 0.3% salt and Prazi round 2, day 2 

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Currently have 0.3% salt and Prazi round 2, day 2 

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? One calico looked skinnier than others and a bit listless on arrival. I've found it "stuck" to the hob intake twice (my fault for leaving it on highest setting but still wouldn't have thought it would be a huge issue for these size fish). Then it started bloating and looks slightly dropsied. Has 3 x red marks on back and one on either side, see photos. Tonight I've noticed one of my black Ranchu is looking dropsied as well. These fish have been imported Thailand to Australia and then shipped interstate again to me from the Australian seller. 

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? All four are swimming and eating well.

Edited by Goldy Lou
Formatting

Posted (edited)

http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/Louise_Forder/media/Mobile Uploads/56F9DDD6-9A1C-4DD7-94A3-281E3B177939_zpsvntthgit.jpg.html

I'm trying to upload this from my mobile and having lots of issues with Photobucket and formatting. Let me know if there's a better way to do it so it displays properly. Thanks! 

Edited by Goldy Lou

If the photo isn't to big you can upload it to the site. 

I can't really see much on the fish at that angle :( 

We have 4 goldfish in this tank? (18 gallons) If so we are very over crowed here. 

This is what we suggest for goldfish in a tank. 

And the volume of fish would even work with daily water changes, if you stick to them, but it’s an awful lot of work compared to a bigger tank :)

Can you get us some photos of the entire tank and the fish in good light?  I can’t really see what I’m supposed to be looking at with him in your fingers.  I need it a bit zoomed out on the entire animal.

Hi ladies. Apologies for taking so long to come back to you. These fish are in quarantine hence the smaller tank and daily water changes. I have a 300L / 80g tank waiting for them. I ended up treating with kanaplex as I was really concerned with the black ranchu's sudden bloating and dropsy. Unfortunately I lost the calico but the black ones dropsy diasappeared and he shrank back to normal size within 24 hrs of starting kanaplex. 😊 Out of curiosity is it possible that the bloating might also have been a reaction to the salt or prazi? I use prazi powder and noticed he was eating it... 😝

No, the bloating had nothing to do with salt or prazi.  It responded to kanaplex, so it resulted from an internal bacterial infection.

Thanks shakaho!