Sign in to follow this  
adnan

Ramshorn pearl snails

5 posts in this topic

Hi there! 

I have total 3 fish tanks- 1 goldfish tank , 1 flowerhorn tank and 1 low tech planted tank. So in my low tech planned tank together with corydoras catfish, lampeye killi fish and cherry shrimps  I have some ramshorn snails, gorgeous  creatures and great cleaners. I year ago I bought  only 3 of them from England and at the moment they are probably more than 30-40. The seller mentioned that this type of ramshorn are very rear  breed. Just curious are they rear indeed? 

Couple of them 

8AEDA509-3F4E-44DB-925A-024279D3306F_zps

03EFC534-2218-4C23-8C37-E38DCFF09A35_zps

I have never seen them like that before. Really cool looking :thumbs: 

• Like 1

Here is the vision of whole low tech planted nano tank with the pearl ramshorn snails and the other inhabitants. 

0BFD3918-0C42-452C-B16C-B9E3CC0D82E8_zps

• Like 1

WOW thats a very nice tank. What kind of filtration on the tank? how do you keep that sand so white :o 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, koko said:

WOW thats a very nice tank. What kind of filtration on the tank? how do you keep that sand so white :o 

Thanks Koko! 

Yes, the sand is always white :) because of couple of reasons- the light is soft because of the plants on the surface and that doesn’t let boom of algae, plus my corydoras catfish, shrimps and snails are perfect bottom cleaners. The filtration is Juwel internal (the black one on the right) including different types of sponges and ceramics for beneficial bacteria. Oh, almost forgot, I do the fertilisation bit lower dose than suppose to be- food for plants and not for algae ;)

Edited by adnan