Kokos Goldfish Forum
PaleoDan

White & Orange Comets

Hello all, I have some nice size comets in variations of white and orange. Nothing too fancy but really nice pond fish. I am looking to reduce their numbers so I have more room for Koi and Fantails so if anyone is interested and lives near 08620, they are free for the taking... I will take pictures if anyone is interested, just let me know.

I think you should know that you need a much larger pond for koi.  Koi people say "pet" koi need a pond of at least 1000 gallons (for swimming space) which provides at least 250 gallons per koi (to maintain water quality) and should have at least 4 feet of depth.    People who want to grow high quality koi provide 1000-2000 gallons per koi. 

An average pet koi measures  2 feet or longer long and has at least 10 times the mass of a mature goldfish.  That means it produces as much waste as 10 goldfish and needs not just more water, but also better filtration to maintain water quality.