happysnapper

I can't believe it (warning - not pretty)

7 posts in this topic

My Bob is gone. Bob was one of my first goldfish, a $.27 "feeder" who grew into a gorgeous sakura comet. 

While I was in bed sick today she jumped out of the tank and the dogs ... finished the job. I don't know why. The water parameters are good. I'm just destroyed and I want to sell the rest of the fish and tanks and give up. 

Oh I’m so sorry!  I’ve had a few fish and inverts jump out of the tank - it just happens sometimes, not necessarily because of toxic water parameters.

RIP Bob :(

Oh I'm so so sorry :(

the horror. Im sorry :hug

Thank you all. She was seriously my favorite. I loved to show her to people as an example of why you can’t keep goldfish in bowls. I felt such pride at how big and healthy she was. I really thought she’d be with me for a long time. I still can’t believe it when I feed the tank and she’s not there at the top waiting for me to drop a pellet right in her mouth like I always did. It was just so shocking and sudden. 30a8036a39ba96200f040ce413e18183.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:( It's so hard to lose a favourite, especially in such a horrific way. When I was still fairly new to fish keeping I lost my favourite in a really awful way. She used to come and nibble on my fingers and nudge my hand and swim in and out my fingers. I didn't have her long but loved her

So sorry for your loss. RIP Bob.