Sign in to follow this  
hayato

AO Ranchu and Gingyo

15 posts in this topic

Hello

JAPAN ORNAMENTAL FISH FAIR is being held in Tokyo now.

I went to the competitive show and took some videos.

Today, I would like to know how those color of goldfish called in ENGLISH.

And I would like to know whether you distinguish following two type of Goldfish or not.

One is Ao Ranchu in Japanese. Ao means Blue.

another one is called Gingyo. Gin means silver. Ginyo is categorized as Common type not Ranchu

even though Gingyo also doesn't have dosal fin. Their shape are longer than Ao Ranchu.

Ao Ranchu was developed by Fukami-san, one of famous japanese breeder , by corossbreeding normal Ranchu and Seibun Oranda.

I'm also not sure how Seibun Oranda is called in ENGLISH.

On the other hands, Gingyo is from China and No one know the beginning.  Unfortunately Gingyo doesn't exist in China now.

Long long ago, Japan imported Gingyo and taken over.

Sorry my ENGLISH is alwasy broken.

Edited by hayato
  • Like 2

The AO Ranchu I believe is lavender ranchu in English. I have one (not as nice as that one though!), imported from China. I've never seen a fish like the Gingyo though. 

Edited by happysnapper

Both are very beautiful!  Sorry I cannot help you with your English translations.  But your English is so much superior than my non existent Japanese!

Gorgeous Goldfish!!!

1 hour ago, happysnapper said:

The AO Ranchu I believe is lavender ranchu in English. I have one (not as nice as that one though!), imported from China. I've never seen a fish like the Gingyo though. 

Dear All 

Thank you for watching and your kind compliment.

Dear happysnapper-san

That is what i would like to know. I'm so happy now.

This type of color goldfish is called "lavendor" in ENGISH.  Right?

I have changed the title of my youtube video. Not AO Ranchu but Lavendor Ranchu.

Regarding Gingyo. they are rare even in Japan. they don't have well developed head like Ranchu or Lionhead.

i share Gingyo photos i took in the past.

Just for your reference. :  )

P1050016.JPG.0a1a0ad7bc68d5b259bc67bd8876daa1.JPG

IMG_8389.jpg.85db108103dcb9b741b15522fbd44e2c.jpg

The second fish is comparable to the Blue Egg Phoenix here in America. The color is different and the shape and tail length are somewhat different but it's the closest that I can see as far as similarities go.

Dear mifromga-san

Your comments is very very informative. Thanks :thumbup2:

I have never heard "Blue Egg Phoenix" but find it is comparable to the Blue Egg Phoenix.

I need to change the title of my video and should add the words  "Blue Egg Phoenix" in my video.

• Like 1

On April 14, 2018 at 9:48 PM, hayato said:

Dear mifromga-san

Your comments is very very informative. Thanks :thumbup2:

I have never heard "Blue Egg Phoenix" but find it is comparable to the Blue Egg Phoenix.

I need to change the title of my video and should add the words  "Blue Egg Phoenix" in my video.

I agree its very close to DSC_0130.jpg

This is one from DandyOrandas a US seller :) 

That is another one of the DO fish. They've got all sorts of hybrids etc. A BEP must never have a wen like that nor is that the correct body shape for a BEP. The finnage isn't correct for a BEP either. That fish is closer to a Shukin. 

2 hours ago, mjfromga said:

That is another one of the DO fish. They've got all sorts of hybrids etc. A BEP must never have a wen like that nor is that the correct body shape for a BEP. The finnage isn't correct for a BEP either. That fish is closer to a Shukin. 

Thats cause most of the BEP if the US have been Hybrids. Trying to find a true on in the US is going to be very very hard :( 

• Like 1

True. And while Dandy Orandas is technically a US seller, all his fish for sale are imports. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjfromga said:

True. And while Dandy Orandas is technically a US seller, all his fish for sale are imports. 

If I remember right the true BEP in the US are almost gone. Last time I heard there was only a few ppl who have the BEP line and aren't giving them up to anyone. :o 

There are a few new breeders... But the fish aren't very good yet. ZhaosFancies had some awesome ones... But they're gone already. 

Speaking of breeders, did Steve at RG stop? I have noticed a dwindling number of fish available in recent times.

1 hour ago, mjfromga said:

There are a few new breeders... But the fish aren't very good yet. ZhaosFancies had some awesome ones... But they're gone already. 

Well of course they would be gone. Good ones always get take up fast.  :rofl 

1 hour ago, happysnapper said:

Speaking of breeders, did Steve at RG stop? I have noticed a dwindling number of fish available in recent times.

I don't think so. Maybe since its winter time he has a low stock right now :)