SebastianTheCrab

What did you do for your goldfish today ?

70 posts in this topic

I manage to cut my hand trying to get there frozen blood worms out this morning :o 

Well I feed the twice this morning so they wouldn't eat the fry. :o but the did anyway :rofl little pigs!

I scrubbed my tank and plants and scooped out a bunch of teeth so far

Ok now both tanks are scrubbed and rearranged and had waterchanges, and I also reorganized their cupboard

4 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Ok now both tanks are scrubbed and rearranged and had waterchanges, and I also reorganized their cupboard

I was going to do a water change but woke up to more eggs :lol 

Sebastian was turning black from the outer fringes of the fins inward toward the body.

I added some bio media pebbles.

Luckily the bacteria colonized the pebbles.

It took about a week for Sebastian to get cured.

He is cured now.

• Like 1

Gave them their weekly dose of froze bloodworms.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bought some bio media and Prazipro.  I paid more attention tending to their food cultures than the fish.  

Not today...but I forgot to post here when I did it lol.

My friend bought a tank for some goldfish, it came with goldfish though (and way too many) and though she really liked them she really wanted to pick out her own fish because she knew what she wanted, so she asked me if I could please give them goldfish a home. 

So now I caught all the babies in the little pond and divided them up, moved my favourite ones inside and put the others in the big pond, and set up the little pond as a QT for the new fish even though I felt it was a bit too cold to be introducing them outside I don't have the space to QT them inside. There is 5, 3 comets and 2 fantail

The Tank my friend bought also came with 5 Chinese Algae Eaters, they were massive, the biggest one was about 10 inches. There was no way I could keep them so I took them to my LFS who gave me some store credit for them. 

So because I'm terrible at saying No I have 5 new goldies, who are absolutely gorgeous but very skittish. The fantails are confirmed male and female though as they laid eggs all over my friends tank lol. So they are named Romeo and Juliet.

Shembje jelly bean and Tangelo truly don't too much like Tercey. They push her around when food comes and sometimes the big Jelly Bean just randomly goes after her. She's also sorta small and the current does seem to annoy her a bit. All the fish have been exposed to the same things ever since winter and so I'm going to just put Tercey back. If the bad chasing issue recurs, I will remove Rustic the Comet instead. 

I would have done a mid week water change by now, but letting the Prazi Pro running it's full course and do a larger water change on the weekend.  Eyeing some baby ranchu one of the breeders I follow on Instagram - he's taking orders on lots of 10.  A project for next year!  I'll mark it down for this time next year to get my supplies ready over the winter.

I took pictures of handsome Sebastian for the following weeks competition of "Goldfish of the week".

prettyfish.jpg

Did a water change on my tank while they where laying eggs again for the second time this week and for the fourth time this month. Can they please give me a break. :lol

Tank gets so messy when they do this. I have seen some fry but about a day later they are all gone :o So I bought them some wisteria to float on the top of the tank. Maybe that will help :) 

I found some goldfish teeth this morning. I took a picture of it and shared it with amazed friends and family.

:thumbup2:

gft.jpg

So far I have gazed at them on & off while reading posts on Koko's!!

I used to do the mesh & rubber band thing but then I got THE CLAW. I really like it....easy to use & works great!! 

2 hours ago, Jeana727 said:

I used to do the mesh & rubber band thing but then I got THE CLAW. I really like it....easy to use & works great!! 

Ok, I have to ask.  What is THE CLAW?  Google and amazon gives me pics of everything  but fish related products.  

Posted (edited)

IT is an attachment that keeps your fish from being sucked in while siphoning water out with a Python Gravel Vacuum Siphon (0r whatever "brand" you have.) Early on when I got my Python I had finished vacuuming I was still removing water but was not WATCHING the intake tube closely and a goldie was pulled in and killed. It was awful! I researched and found the Lee's Ultimate Gravel Cleaning Claw.

(Another fact is that I always hooked it to the sink removing & adding water. Later I realized it didn't need to be hooked up to the faucet to remove water & vacuum as there was plenty of "pull" to clean with!) So I only hook it up when adding water.)

Edited by Jeana727
correction
  • Like 1

Chris here....  Finally came up with a name for my baby pearlscale....  Butter Ball!!! :rofl2 

AD4533FE-304C-4EEA-A9B8-C867C6F4D7F4.jpeg

• Like 2

Lol.... Great name. I tried to FIND my goldfish this morning. Their water is so green that I cannot see them anymore. I saw everyone eventually. All of them are bright orange or mostly white so I CAN see them if I look HARD and drop some food. 

21 hours ago, Jeana727 said:

IT is an attachment that keeps your fish from being sucked in while siphoning water out with a Python Gravel Vacuum Siphon (0r whatever "brand" you have.) Early on when I got my Python I had finished vacuuming I was still removing water but was not WATCHING the intake tube closely and a goldie was pulled in and killed. It was awful! I researched and found the Lee's Ultimate Gravel Cleaning Claw.

Oh, thanks,  My water change hoses is also a Lee's Ultimate Gravel Cleaning system.  I had forgotten that the cleaning attachment was called THE CLAW.   lol.

I lost a baby pearl scale in the days before THE CLAW.  It was terrible but my buddies couldn't stop laughing when I described it to them.  :madrant

Sorry to hear about the baby Pearly I, too, lost a goldie when I first got my Python years ago. It was awful! My hubby rigged up a "thingee" out of netting & a rubber band that I used until THE CLAW came along!!!

Finally got my duckweed culture going well so I can give the goldies a scoop daily.  The daphnia culture is exploding, so I might do a couple of feeds a week.

Well I was going to do a water change, but they are at the breeding stage again. :thud Will do one later today :o