Sign in to follow this  
dahling8

live daphnia for adult and sub-adults?

4 posts in this topic

I have several small indoor cultures of daphnia for my other tropical fish tanks and never bothered feeding daphnia to my sub adult goldfish.  Just thinking that it's too small to make it worthwhile.  Does anybody feed live daphnia to their adults?  I have to harvest daphnia anyways, the cultures have a die off so if it's worth feeding to the goldies, I'd rather make a separate culture just for the goldfish.   

3 hours ago, dahling8 said:

I have several small indoor cultures of daphnia for my other tropical fish tanks and never bothered feeding daphnia to my sub adult goldfish.  Just thinking that it's too small to make it worthwhile.  Does anybody feed live daphnia to their adults?  I have to harvest daphnia anyways, the cultures have a die off so if it's worth feeding to the goldies, I'd rather make a separate culture just for the goldfish.   

Goldfish would love that as a treat. I give mine Brine shrimp once a week :) I just turn off my filters while I'm feeding so it doesn't go into the filter :thumbs: 

• Like 1

Baby brine?  I just thought daphnia would be too small to be of any value, but if it makes them get off their heinies and cultivate their inner tigers it's all good!  Thanks!

13 hours ago, dahling8 said:

Baby brine?  I just thought daphnia would be too small to be of any value, but if it makes them get off their heinies and cultivate their inner tigers it's all good!  Thanks!

Mine go nuts when I do brine shrimp :lol Frozen blood worms here are hard to find so I do brine shrimp. Just turn the filters off so the can find it :)