Sign in to follow this  
happysnapper

Prazipro and temperature??

4 posts in this topic

I have my newbies in the patio pond and I was doing PraziPro Round 1. I put the prazi in on Friday morning after a water change. It was in the 80s all day, and then that night we had a cold front come in and it's been in the low 40s to upper 30s.  Today it's supposed to be back up in the 60s then 70s-80s the rest of the week. Will the one day of cold affect the treatment? Should I extend it an extra day (5 days instead of 4)?

Thanks!

Interesting question!  The lower temperature might make a difference in the speed any eggs would hatch, so I wouldn’t do a longer round but rather make sure you have an extra day or two between your treatment rounds to let any flukes that weren’t hatched out mature enough that they can be nailed on the second treatment.  The duration of the treatment matters less, IMO, even at lower temperatures.

Usually, you treat, and change the water and do a second treatment a week later.  Apparently the prazi loses effectiveness in about 4 days so you have a few days rest from the prazi built into this schedule.

Good to know. Maybe I’ll just do an extra round to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk