mjfromga

Survivors

6 posts in this topic

They're healing so well. Their fin rot has healed almost all the way. Their tank ran at 88° for a few days but is back down to normal now. I am not going to add another fish. These two in this tank is fine.

I did take 4 sponges from the front for them when I put them here. I figured they already had disease anyway and it would be worth it trying to bump their cycle. Seems to have worked. There are already high nitrites showing. I got it down. They're at high concentrations of salt so they seem totally unaffected. 

Once they finish this last round of treatment, I can begin treating them for Gill flukes which I believe they have since I didn't see body flukes when looking for Costia. They're still a tad twitchy and they're a bit slow to eat their pellet food so I think it's Gill flukes.

But they're acting WAY better, are way more active, have awesome appetites, their black burns have all healed, and they're all I have left of my back pond. Shembje has always been my favorite so I'm happy to see her doing so much better. 

• Like 2

They look great Myra!!!  :thumbup2:  IM glad they are doing well!!!

• Like 1

Thank you Dawn. There's a ton of current in there even with the pre filter... But they seem to be managing just fine. It's a huge change from what they're used to. There's no true current in ponds. 

I'm glad to see them doing well!

How many do you have in your front pond?

• Like 1

There are 7 out there. Thanks btw. I'm glad to see them doing so much better too. 

They look pretty happy. Great job!  

• Like 1