mjfromga

Shrimp and Star

16 posts in this topic

Shrimp first... Tiny Conet. October 22, December 14, January 11, and finally today... March 27. Still got the same wonky mouth and he's oddly fat body for a single tail. 

Star... November 25 - March 27. 

IMG_20171022_125803.jpg

IMG_20171214_162845.jpg

IMG_20180111_140439.jpg

IMG_20180327_133410_kindlephoto-1886774325.jpg

IMG_20171125_125716.jpg

IMG_20180327_133832_kindlephoto-1887342636.jpg

• Like 2

OMG beautiful fish you have there! I especially love how star turned out.

As for Shrimp, do you think its a Tamasaba?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Beautiful!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

@tithra thanks a ton

@aussieJJDude thanks a lot. Ryukins are my favorites by far. And Shrimp is a 29 cent Comet. He's always been sort of weirdly shaped and fat but he's just a Comet. These fish are all I have left after Costia destroyed my pond recently so they're special to me. 

[mention=19952]tithra[/mention] thanks a ton
[mention=25816]aussieJJDude[/mention] thanks a lot. Ryukins are my favorites by far. And Shrimp is a 29 cent Comet. He's always been sort of weirdly shaped and fat but he's just a Comet. These fish are all I have left after Costia destroyed my pond recently so they're special to me. 
Weird, he has that fancy look about him that it honestly just looks like a Tamasaba! But still a great pet regardless!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They are gorgeous Myra!!!!

• Like 1

Im not a hump fish lover but Star is a very nice looking fish :) 

• Like 1

Thanks Dawn! Koko, not a hump fish lover? BLASPHEMY!!! They are the cutest ever. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjfromga said:

Thanks Dawn! Koko, not a hump fish lover? BLASPHEMY!!! They are the cutest ever. 

:tomuch: 

What can I say I love the Ranchu's they steal my :heart every time :lol 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I like Ranchu too. Cute little things they are. But my favorite will always be Ryukins. Star there is pretty "high quality" as far as "hump fish" go. He's not true show quality but he's bred from such. He and his 4 siblings (all smaller than him) are still doing well in my front pond. 

Edited by mjfromga
  • Like 1

You may be spreading the ryukin love.  Maybe.  As I’m contemplating who to replace my stock with I’m actually looking at more fantail and ryukins, especially since both your oranda survived The Great Poisoning Mystery this morning.

I still can’t get over how much shrimp has grown since your first image.  And fast, too!

• Like 1

Wow... The Costia killed your fish, too? Gosh I'm sorry. It killed all mine as well. There wasn't anything I could do. It just suddenly appeared and it swept so quickly that I had no defense at all. I lost all my Orandas. I have only two left from the back pond. Sad. And Ryukins really are totally awesome. Give them a shot. Pleaseeeee???? 

Posted (edited)

I don’t think it was costia, I’m still not sure.  They were behaving like a parasite was there but not the right kind of symptoms for costia.  Either way I was treating everyone for ectoparasites, flukes, and secondary bacterial infections in quarantine after my black moors started shredding fins and floating, and things were fine until this morning.  They went from okay last night and pretty much on the end of the medication to poisoned.  I am still not sure what did it!  Very sad, but I’m trying to console myself with it being an excuse to go see Gary’s operation and pick new fish.  Sigh.

He said he has mostly ranchus right now, along with ryukin and veiltals and such.  Pretty much everything but the blacks I had before.  I’m getting excited!  It’s distracting me from grief.

Edited by Arctic Mama
  • Like 2

The extremely sick fish I still have has no fins basically, is upside down on the bottom, and is covered in black burns and fungus. I am trying to see what on earth is going on. He's got something else. I can't see any Costia. And Costia treatment isn't helping him. His symptoms are different from the Costia, as well. I have ZERO idea what it is. I'm basically just trying to experiment now to see if anything will help him. He's suffering and he's going to die, but I REALLY want to see what he's got and see if ANYTHING helps. It's crazy. Care to take a look? 

Shrimp and Star yesterday. Was netting algae crap and jist snapped a few pics. Shrimp is really coming along from that super tiny fish she once was. 

IMG_20180507_145914.jpg

IMG_20180507_150045.jpg

And miss Shrimp today. She's doing just fine. She's my favorite of the two regular goldfish. She's come a long way from that tiny fish last year. 

IMG_20180519_084240.jpg