mjfromga

Rustic

29 posts in this topic

November 14, January 11, March 2. I have very little fishy joy these days since almost everyone I've had for so long has died from the disaster, but I will still try and care for any I have left. This guy is doing well so far. Cool color change. 

IMG_20171108_135625.jpg

IMG_20180111_140415.jpg

IMG_20180302_150928.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Myra!!! He is cute!!!!

Ohh a natural color.. nice

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

He’s losing his fry color! Adorable little guy, is that one of your little comets or a different variety?

He's a Comet I had left from an experiment late last year. I couldn't bring myself to get rid of them and so they stayed. Him and another tiny Comet named Shrimp I still have left. I've also still got all 5 baby Ryukins in the front pond. So far, it is still healthy and unaffected. 

I really like his colour

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

He is losing that color quickly. This is Rustic today. Aaaannndd of course his name no longer fits. Dude is getting pretty big too. Perhaps he's my new Asteroid... I do miss her 

IMG_20180327_133748_kindlephoto-1886989833.jpg

Edited by mjfromga

Very pretty! How old is he?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

He is gorgeous 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tithra said:

Very pretty! How old is he?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Got him as a tiny baby from Walmart late last year so he isn't too old. Still quite the youngster. He and Shrimp in my other thread were gotten together along with several others. The others were not put into this pond and I lost everyone from the other pond to Costia. 

So what are your rebuilding plans, if any?  Were you going to refresh your pond?  I’ve been thinking about you and your little guys :grouphug

• Like 1

No. I was biting down and eating the extra cost and hassle of the larger pond for the sake of the fish. Now that they're gone, so is the expense that truly was kicking my butt. So I decided I won't set up a new pond back there at all. I had gotten in way over my head anyway. That's why you have some of the fish lol. 

I will run my 55 with 2 or 3 fish and keep my front pond and that's it. That way I still get to have quite a few fish without the struggle of way too many. I'm content with that. 

Oh good, I thought it had nuked your front pond too!  I think that sounds a lot more manageable.  But it’s amazing how the the fish bug bites us.  I don’t know if a single fish keeper who didn’t buy too many fish and keep too many tanks at one point or another.  I think I had three or four at one point a few years ago and that was way too many with he water changing system I had.

3 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

Oh good, I thought it had nuked your front pond too!  I think that sounds a lot more manageable.  But it’s amazing how the the fish bug bites us.  I don’t know if a single fish keeper who didn’t buy too many fish and keep too many tanks at one point or another.  I think I had three or four at one point a few years ago and that was way too many with he water changing system I had.

Me too. At one time I had 4 tanks and a pond. It was to much, I was getting to the point where it wasn't fun anymore.

Im happy with just one tank :) 

Me too I am down to three now. One goldfish, one tropical and one saltwater and some days I feel like that is too many. But don't wont to give any up.  I dont really count the pond only up in the summer and I may not do anything with it this year but catch some minnows to keep the bugs out of it. 

Just wanted to add his new photo here as well. He's loaded with breeding stars. It's a boy. 

IMG_20180417_175252_kindlephoto-24599986.jpg

• Like 3

He's stunning. 

And here is Mr. Rustic yesterday. Note the terrible green water. 

IMG_20180507_145809.jpg

Green water looks ugly, but it grows healthy fish.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

He can't be TOO old as I got him as a tiny WILD COLOR fish from Walmart last winter and he's already loaded with breeding stars and chasing the girls insane. Very annoying dude to have in my pond but there's nothing else I can do with him and he's a lovely regular goldfish and so he can stay. 

Edited by mjfromga

And here is Mr. Rustic today. Hardly RUSTIC anymore, but he's a lovely regular goldfish. 

IMG_20180519_083934.jpg

WOW getting bigger all the time :o 

Yeah he's the biggest one in there. Little annoying dude. Caught him bashing Josla into the sides this morning. 

And here he is today... Now rust free

IMG_20180607_091222.jpg

• Like 2

He is a really pretty common

• Like 1