Justintime

Ranchu’s face swollen

37 posts in this topic

So my 20 year old daughter decided too show her friends my little fish room last night and Peanut my Ranchu is in qt down there and they didn’t turn any of the lights back off,🤬😡 so this morning when I went down stairs too do some water changes before work I saw the lights on n Peanut looking all stressed out I almost didn’t want to do the water change but I’m scared of what might happen if I don’t do it so I did her water change and dropped a small chunk of soilent green in there for her I gave her about 20 minuets and she didn’t touch it so I got it out and shut all the lights down guess I’ll try again after work 

I don't think the lights woul have stressed her out so much that she didn't want to eat. How is she now?

• Thanks 1

Well I shut the lights off while at work for a 10 hour day and turned them on after I got done for a few hours and she was happy to see me and the chunk of soilent green I put in for her so I’m thinking she’s going to be ok on my way there now too do a water change 

So today is day 8 and I did a 50% water change before work and added carbon to the filter to get the meds out and added 2 table spoons of aquarium salt she’s eating and seems good 

So it’s day 10 and all seems well her sore looks like it’s shrinking and healing, I’m still doing daily 50% water changes and adding salt and prime, and praying that there are no more complications 

4 hours ago, Justintime said:

So it’s day 10 and all seems well her sore looks like it’s shrinking and healing, I’m still doing daily 50% water changes and adding salt and prime, and praying that there are no more complications 

:thumbup2:

So today is day 13 and Peanut is looking way better I purchased an assortment of anti parasite and antibiotics just Incase this didn’t clear up but she looks too be almost healed so no meds in tank just salt she did however cover the entire tank with eggs yesterday so many I couldn’t believe that she could fit that inside of her man it’s not the easiest job cleaning goldfish eggs out of a tank and getting all of them so anyway thanks for the advice and help 

Ask next time before buying meds - many are not good for goldfish or ineffective, and we can advise you on which ones to have on hand.

I’m glad to hear things look good enough that  she’s willing to spawn - that’s a really good sign.

I bought the meds to have on hand I try not too needlessly dose any of my fish but I have 9 tanks running and when Peanut got sick I realized how limited my choices were so I’m stocking up is all I have a bottle of prazi on it’s way I have a lot of tropical fish also .            

And thanks for your advice Peanut looks so much better and is acting much better also another week and I’m gonna add her back too her buddies in their new home 

• Like 1

So Peanut is still not right she broke out with bacteria infections 2 more times after the first time i finally used api erythromycin and all her white spots cleared up and haven’t come back it’s been about 3 weeks now but she still isn’t eating normal and isn’t very active i done w/c’s daily except when doses of medicine were given and as soon as her cycle of medicine was done back too her w/c schedule she’s had me pretty stressed out all my other fish are doing great 

Oh and I even tried all the veterinarians in our area but none treat fish

On 4/17/2018 at 6:33 AM, Justintime said:

So Peanut is still not right she broke out with bacteria infections 2 more times after the first time i finally used api erythromycin and all her white spots cleared up and haven’t come back it’s been about 3 weeks now but she still isn’t eating normal and isn’t very active i done w/c’s daily except when doses of medicine were given and as soon as her cycle of medicine was done back too her w/c schedule she’s had me pretty stressed out all my other fish are doing great 

I’m sorry I missed this, definitely tag or quote me so I see updates :)

Can you post some new pictures and summarize all the treatment so far?  I have a hard time keeping all these threads straight.