Shahbazin

What Is Your Oldest Goldfish, & Where Did They Come From?

10 posts in this topic

Our two goldfish are both turning 5 years old this year - Ghost (orange comet) is from the local Petco's feeder tank, and Rainbow (shubunkin) was given to us by a neighbor- I think they got him from Walmart.

25162486627_4396582193_c.jpg

• Like 2

My oldest ever was Tiger, he was a comet, I had him for 8.5 years before he died. I got hi from a chain store, Petstock.

My oldest that are living now..after a bunch of losses..would be my babies in the pond, who were born just over 3 years ago now. They were offspring of Cali (A fantail I had for 7 years) and Tiger (The aforementioned comet)

Though I do have some fish I bought big, and I don't know how old they were when I got them. Spice I've had for just over 2 years, Splasher and Picasso for just over a year.

• Like 1

Well right now I have two fish. Both I have had for a year so Im thinking maybe 3 years old.  I got them for WetPets :) 

But my oldest ever fish was Pharaoh he was 9 years old when he passed. I hoping these guys with all the right conditions out do my Pharaoh :) 

• Like 1

Related to goldfish, Goldie the big girl in the center, will be 18 this spring. 

DSC01815.JPG

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Craigger said:

Related to goldfish, Goldie the big girl in the center, will be 18 this spring. 

DSC01815.JPG

I would love to see a video of your pond :) 

Mine was my koi named Ping, he was 17 this year I do believe, he just passed away the other day 😪

Actually he was 15, I got him 14.5 years ago, I just went back and creeped the post I made on here when I bought him. Is anyone from the olden days still here?! 

I lost almost everyone this winter to Costia and disease. I've only been in the hobby since October 2015. My oldest fish now is a female calico fantail. I got her August 2016 as a tiny baby. She's one of the two survivors of the disease. I'm not sure how long she will live but she's my favorite. Around 2 years old now. I haven't weighed her lately but she's probably about 80-90 grams now and 4-5". She isn't huge but she DWARFS my other two. 

My oldest is Rosie, a ryukin I am certain was stunted when I got her from Petsmart. She hasn’t grown much at all while the others I got at the same time as her did. Anyway she’s about to turn seven (counting from when I got her). She’s not in the best shape. Blind and she gets floaty and bonks into things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

My oldest (plz note I use the purchase date as the DOB unless I have further info on them) is Fred a Calico Shorttail Ryukin purchased 8/2015....So almost 3. Next is Lucy a Red & White Oranda 1 1/2. Zoey a Panda Moor about 8 months. I also have 4 baby Ryukins (Sunny, Rose, Pumpkin & Freckles) about 7 months old.

All from Petsmart.

Edited by Jeana727