Kokos Goldfish Forum
koko

Open Chat :)

Wow thats pretty

Cories. I moved them to a different tank yesterday, I noticed they were having to spend too much time travelling to find food so I moved them to a smaller tank for now until they put on some more size. I counted them while moving, I have 25. They seem to be a mixture of Peppered and Albino

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

That's so cool. What are you feeding them?

A mixture of Frozen Baby Brine Shrimp and a fry powder

12 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

A mixture of Frozen Baby Brine Shrimp and a fry powder

That sounds tasty :teehee

Very :rofl 

So I decided to change my hair again. November 2 is the first photo... And then the second one is today. Idk. I just can't leave it alone lol

IMG_20181102_115521~2.jpg

IMG_20181112_145350~2.jpg

Loving the hair! You’ve reminded me I gotta sort my roots out. :yikes

Lol... You don't like the roots? Idk... I think the dark roots are awesome in contrast. I could color the roots, but I'm not gonna. 

1 hour ago, mjfromga said:

Lol... You don't like the roots? Idk... I think the dark roots are awesome in contrast. I could color the roots, but I'm not gonna. 

Noo not what I meant at all! Sorry. It was the talk of hair that just reminded me of my roots and how awful my hair looks right now. 🤣 I should have worded that better. :hug

Edited by hannahh

Jealous that you young people have hair to work with?!  Mind you, I haven't used a hairdryer in years.  Towel dry - done!

On 2018-11-05 at 2:49 PM, FishyMandy said:

So true. So hard but so true 

They are about a week old and I have about 20

So hard to lose a dear pet, my condolences.  But cheering hard for your cory fry!  I hope they grow out nice and strong.  I'll probably get a breeding setup going in January - prime breeding season around then.  

On 11/9/2018 at 6:47 PM, FishyMandy said:

Wow thats pretty

Thank you. I did have a problem with the second one :( 

19 hours ago, mjfromga said:

So I decided to change my hair again. November 2 is the first photo... And then the second one is today. Idk. I just can't leave it alone lol

I like it, It looks great on you :) 

5 hours ago, hannahh said:

Noo not what I meant at all! Sorry. It was the talk of hair that just reminded me of my roots and how awful my hair looks right now. 🤣 I should have worded that better. :hug

:tomuch: Funny how we can type something and it sounds different when we are thinking about it :rofl 

1 hour ago, dahling8 said:

Jealous that you young people have hair to work with?!  Mind you, I haven't used a hairdryer in years.  Towel dry - done!

:lol Me too. My hair has been getting really thin since I had Justine. You can see my scalp now :yikes 

10 hours ago, dahling8 said:

So hard to lose a dear pet, my condolences.  But cheering hard for your cory fry!  I hope they grow out nice and strong.  I'll probably get a breeding setup going in January - prime breeding season around then.  

Thanks x

The cories are starting to actually look like cories now. Gotta give them a waterchange soon

Story of my life Koko. :rofl

Also so sorry to hear about your step mum. Sending love. :heart

15 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Thanks x

The cories are starting to actually look like cories now. Gotta give them a waterchange soon

A cory breeder that I follow calls the fry catlets.  So appropriate!

Aw i love that name!

14 hours ago, hannahh said:

Story of my life Koko. :rofl

Also so sorry to hear about your step mum. Sending love. :heart

Thank you :) We also Just lost another family member TD's Moms Hubby. 

Man one more Nascar race and then its over till February :o 

@aussieJJDude Happy birthday !  :pease:

[mention=25816]aussieJJDude[/mention] Happy birthday !  :pease:
Haha, thank you for that!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, aussieJJDude said:

Haha, thank you for that!

What did you do? :) 

Hope it was fun :) 

I chucked all the fish into the mud a while ago. Outside weather was going to be bad and I have had to move some heaters around. I hadn't seen any signs of life in the mud for several days... But today it got fairly warm and so I threw in a tad of food. 

Admittedly this entire project and experiment has become a total mess. The net blew off in the bad weather a few days ago and I haven't had the fortitude to go out and put it back on. So the leaves are falling in and whatnot, which is annoying.

I wasn't worried about a predator due to the size of the fish and the clarity but interestingly, the water clarity is WAY better than before and I am actually concerned about the lone owl coming back now. Gotta get that net back up. 

Check out the photo way before. Huge difference. I easily spotted all 5 fish doing perfectly fine and hungry today. I need to get back on top of this. The fish seem happy here for now and the weather has been very cold which is why I chucked them here and clearly they survived it just fine. 

It still isn't done at all but I am not pressed about it for now. I will leave the fish here for now and we will drain it and finish it when weather permits. Right now this is the safest spot for them so they will stay. The dimensions aren't exact (the depth is super screwed up due to being unfinished) but it's probably about 7.5 feet by 5.5 feet right now with a max depth of less than 2 feet. So it isn't huge but it isn't small. Probably about 400 gallons give or take due to funky depths with 5 little SHRIMP. 

IMG_20181117_144210.jpg

IMG_20181117_144135.jpg

IMG_20181117_144137.jpg

IMG_20181011_143218.jpg

What did you do?  
Hope it was fun  
Nothing a whole lot. Studied for exams and worked... (family order for a small celebratory dinner last night - the following night.

She is skinny and needs beefing up, but she is beautiful. Fell in love with her on my lfs fb page

20181118_105723.jpg

Aww. She is cute. That black sure is pretty. Maybe it will hold. She is very VERY skinny though. She looks like poor little Uru did. He was unable to eat properly. I saw a BIG and very pretty all white Comet last time I went to Walmart. I did well to leave it there... But I won't lie, if it is there when I return, I will probably get it. It was actually really pretty. I doubt it will stay long.