Open Chat :)

On 9/19/2018 at 3:38 PM, Daniel E. said:

Ugh. Eating "healthy" lold6fb7055ce00d99f1fea34bafca49c97.jpg

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Ugh.... I hate eating "healthy". Fortunately I never do it XD

1 hour ago, DawnMichele said:

:hiWhat up everyone!!!

The rain, where is it. Do you have it? :wa 

Good day everyone. I hope you are all well.

54 minutes ago, Daniel E. said:

Good day everyone. I hope you are all well.

Hi and good morning y'all.  TGIF....was this close to not coming to work today.  Wanted to take the day off and clean my tank and take care of other business LOL.  But I came to work anyway.  Will take care of the stuff this weekend.

I have a few thanks that need worked on. WCs, plant control, algea scraping. It never ends. Lol

Wow shame on Walmart!  I've seen some crazy stuff with Bettas at a pet stores,  but never a three for one special all in the same cup.  Hot mess!  I'm surprised they're all alive.  Hope they pull through.

Total hot mess girl. I managed to rig up some crap and separate them... The sideways boy is much better. I was worried he would die. All 3 boys eagerly ate today and seem okay. They're all missing bits of fin and kinda beat up but they're okay. I doubt they'd been in there very long because male Bettas will fight to the death. 

17 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

Total hot mess girl. I managed to rig up some crap and separate them... The sideways boy is much better. I was worried he would die. All 3 boys eagerly ate today and seem okay. They're all missing bits of fin and kinda beat up but they're okay. I doubt they'd been in there very long because male Bettas will fight to the death. 

Yeah they must have not been in there long.  Glad you was able to work out something for them.  I do remember seeing two Betta's in a cup before.  The defeated Betta was lying down motionless and the other was parading over him like he was Muhammad Ali.  Poor thing. I took the cup to the sales person.  Another time I saw this Betta in a cup with a stomach totally inflated looking like he was 9 months pregnant.  Someone had dumped a whole bunch of pellets in his cup and he proceeded to try and eat himself to death.  Again I took the cup to the sales person and he said "kids".   It's sad that customers act like that, but in this case the company is putting the animals at risk.  Terrible.

Poor Bettas. I hope they can recover. Around here Bettas are kept in smallsmall tanks or jars at the store but not in cups like that. Though I've seen a few that looked just plain unhappy or ill I've never seen anything like that, Thankfully. I see a lot of it on youtube with walmart bettas

Oh yeah Walmart is well known for poor fish treatment... But I have never seen 3 boys in one cup either... And priced as one! The red one is actually really pretty. When he was being mean to the blue one yesterday... His fins looked so pretty.

I watched them last night to see if I would need to separate them immediately rather than wait until morning but the blue one was in total flight mode. Even when the red one cornered him, he submitted completely (did not flare back, did not blow bubbles, nothing) and the red one left him alone with a triumphant "I'm more handsome than you and you know it!" 

I've named the red one Crown, the blue one Royal, and the orange one Whiskey... Lol! They all ate happily today (did not feed yesterday) and they all seem much better. They might all die an early death like Novae did (a year old), but at least they're apart and can live happily for a while hopefully. 

IMG_20180922_014959.jpg

Glad they are all doing well! I've heard so many horror stories about Walmart fish and I'm so glad we don't have them here. Of course there are bad pet shops, the worst one I knew recently shut down (Yay!) Crown is stunning

Crown got the nice tank. His is heated to 79 (the other two are around 75) and he's got the best filter and whatnot. I'm going to add some stuff to the others but for now everyone seems okay. 

Good on ya MJ. Man if you hadn't found them they would have been dead soon. Sad that Walmart does this. Im lucky the one here doesn't sell fish at all :) 

Yes I agree. Whiskey was already on his side from exhaustion. They wouldn't have lasted much longer. They're safe now. I hate seeing fish suffer... 

:hi Hi everyone!!!

Here are the boys today. Not a perfect setup but I'm working on it.

They look great Myra, Glad they are doing so well

10 hours ago, mjfromga said:

Here are the boys today. Not a perfect setup but I'm working on it.

I just got it.....Crown, Royal, and Whiskey Duh!:clapping::rofl:pan

They look great!

Thanks Mandy. I'm glad they're well too. Just happy they didn't kill each other. 

Haha Netta, I figured the names would be funny since they sorta suit the fish as well. 

Great work MJ. Im very proud of you :thumbs: 

Thank you. Coming from Mama Koko, that means a ton. Truly. 

:hi Good morning everyone!!!

:hi Good morning everyone!!!
And goodnight to you too ;) ;) ;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk