koko

Open Chat :)

1,164 posts in this topic

I wish I were good at silly forum games, it is so quiet around here without some of our old members around.  Alex and Mikey and Chelsea and even Lisa, either of them.  Fish forums on the net have been having a hard time and it makes me sad :cry

I've been away for awhile and am bummed to see its kinda quiet around here guess facebook groups are taking over all the forums? Which is sucks because they might be good for sharing pics, but they are terrible for organizing actual information or getting real assistance glad to see there's still some folks here though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Tithra!  Long time, no see!  I do think Facebook contributes, and it’s an aging demographic that uses message boards.  But this one, specifically, had a whole lot of us just get hit with a big stick of LIFE too.  I mean, I’m hardly around anymore because we are remodeling and building and teaching and doing all the things for medical - I barely have time to track disease threads anymore.  We have members who have had major health crises, life changes like intensive program at college and marriage, gotten out of the hobby, etc.  

I really think some of the attrition is just coincidence here.  But Facebook has done some skimming, too.  I wonder if tumblr has much for aquaria?  I know that’s affected some other hobbies but more literary/image based than fish.

• Like 1

Hi Tithra!

• Like 1

Ugh FACEBOOK. Worse, Reddit lol. The goldfish forum there is super judgy and kind of ridiculous (minimum 75 gallons for one fancy? Okay moneybags.)

What’s up everyone? I got divorced and remarried and I went to Tommy’s yesterday to pick up a fish and somehow a second one jumped in my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I dont see any pics of the new (accidental) additions though? Where are they? ;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I dont see any pics of the new (accidental) additions though? Where are they?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

How silly of me! Fixed. :)

• Like 1

:hi Morning everyone!!!

18 hours ago, DawnMichele said:

Is that  a yes or no???  :lol:

its a maybe :lol 

18 hours ago, tithra said:

I've been away for awhile and am bummed to see its kinda quiet around here emoji20.png guess facebook groups are taking over all the forums? Which is sucks because they might be good for sharing pics, but they are terrible for organizing actual information or getting real assistance emoji20.png glad to see there's still some folks here though!

:hi Yup it sucks, just been trying to keep this place open. 

Loosing members and subbies :( 

1 hour ago, happysnapper said:

How silly of me! Fixed. :)

:tomuch: 

Yea a few of the fb groups Im in will insist for 30 gallons per fancy or 75 gallons for a single tail, thats if they even "allow" single tails to be in a tank

5 hours ago, koko said:

:hi Yup it sucks, just been trying to keep this place open. 

Loosing members and subbies :( 

This makes me sad:(

That sucks Koko :(

Well maybe people will start trickling back in again?

Ugh FACEBOOK. Worse, Reddit lol. The goldfish forum there is super judgy and kind of ridiculous (minimum 75 gallons for one fancy? Okay moneybags.)

What’s up everyone? I got divorced and remarried and I went to Tommy’s yesterday to pick up a fish and somehow a second one jumped in my bag.

Lol reddit is a mess. I peruse their planted tank subreddit sometimes and it's mostly nonsense

2 minutes ago, tithra said:

Lol reddit is a mess. I peruse their planted tank subreddit sometimes and it's mostly nonsense emoji14.png

There was a pretty funny subthread in Aquariums today about how the rule of thumb for Tangs is one size bigger than what you currently have them in, and how the Betta police require you to literally house your fish in six hectacres of rice paddy. :rules::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FishyMandy said:

Yea a few of the fb groups Im in will insist for 30 gallons per fancy or 75 gallons for a single tail, thats if they even "allow" single tails to be in a tank

:crazy:

20 minutes ago, tithra said:

That sucks Koko :(

Well maybe people will start trickling back in again?

I hope so. We just keep hanging on here :) 

Im so glad to see you and Happy back :panana 

• Like 1

I thought of y’all because I went to Tommy’s yesterday and was thinking about the time I went with Alex and we just nerded out and Tommy was so irritated with us for not buying anything.

I uh made up for that. And when I got home I was telling my husband about this ranchu I REALLY wanted but was good and left it there. He said “aww, if it makes you happy you should get it?”

So today I snatched it in the auction and am having him ship it to me omg what have I done. Three fancy fishies

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Also? That’s why I married that dude.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, happysnapper said:

Also? That’s why I married that dude. emoji173.png

:lol 

My hubby says no now to more. Cant blame him. 

I got 3 cats 2 fish and a 4 year old plus him :tomuch: 

• Like 1

Also? That’s why I married that dude.

I asked my husband yesterday what he would do if he came home and there was a 75 gallon (biggest tank we have now is a 40), he said 'I'd ask you why you settled and didn't get the 125 you really want'....and that's how I knew it was true love

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That's what Td would have said when we first got together, but now we have to much to take care of. The pond is my dream out there ☺

5 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

But Ppl like you and others that have stayed Im so so grateful for :hug

Thank you guys :) 

5 hours ago, happysnapper said:

I thought of y’all because I went to Tommy’s yesterday and was thinking about the time I went with Alex and we just nerded out and Tommy was so irritated with us for not buying anything.

I uh made up for that. And when I got home I was telling my husband about this ranchu I REALLY wanted but was good and left it there. He said “aww, if it makes you happy you should get it?”

So today I snatched it in the auction and am having him ship it to me emoji23.pngemoji23.png omg what have I done. Three fancy fishies emoji15.png

Good man!  Mine tolerates my fish but helps me make DIY aquarium awesomeness, so it all works out in the end ;)

Koko, which helpers and and mods did we lose?  I know a few people have been on rolling hiatus like me but I didn’t think anyone bailed recently :(

4 hours ago, koko said:

But Ppl like you and others that have stayed Im so so grateful for :hug

Thank you guys :) 

As long as the site is here I will be here :hug 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I lost most of my fish, and so I was dealing with that and just getting my butt properly kicked by everything all at once. I can't set up a new pond and so I am stuck with my small one and a 55 gallon fish tank for now. I rarely visit any forums now, I don't feel like I belong anymore. I couldn't save my fish despite my best efforts and knowing what they had, and I tried to help with disease and save others. I don't feel qualified anymore. I don't have much else to say, but I may step in now and again. I don't feel like I should deal with disease anymore at all, so my title here is likely best off removed. 

Edited by mjfromga

Knowing what something is and how to treat it is different than been able to successfully treat it though :( sometimes despite our best efforts it just doesn't work.

• Like 1