koko

Open Chat :)

1,165 posts in this topic

@aussieJJDude

I am very excited too. From my readings and whatnot, it should clear up more than this as this was right after a heavy rain... But it will never ever clear up to actually look clear or probably even near clear. In the spring, I am supposed to put "bog plants" and whatnot in there which should help clear it up a tad as well as help with water quality and help with the bottom not being so loose. We shall see.

• Like 2

Well this little man hasn't looked quite right for a bit and this morning he tried to eat and the pellet bumped off his mouth. Upon further investigation... He has a bad case of ich. He was the weak one and he was slightly clampy and bottom sitty when I got them and so this doesn't come as a total surprise... but still. This is also why I left him out and put the others in. It does help to control the experiment a bit.

In any case, I decided to drain the mud pond and look for the two I threw in. I can't be sure they're okay. I honestly don't have high hopes for this dude. He cannot open his mouth and he's covered in ich. He's never been able to open his mouth properly when I go back and look at his other videos but he was able to eat etc. I've put in a heater and salted him and we shall see. 

Lol they're fine. I will begin ich treatment on all of them and finish up the digging and rounding out the hole in the two weeks it will take to treat them. Uru is really sick and I don't know that with his mouth issues and whatnot... That he will make it... But these two still seem strong and I think they should be okay. 

• Like 1

Hi guys. I'm pretty sad because my cousin died yesterday due to stage 3 stomach cancer. She was just 56 years old. :rip: :crying::cryI was really hoping that she'd beat cancer like I did :( It breaks my heart to see her children and her brothers and sisters, friends and the rest of my family posting on FB  how much they miss her already. I wish I could take away their sadness and heartache, as well as my own. 

Im so sorry to hear! My condolences goes out towards you!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear that 

• Like 1

@Fish Of Gold Im sorry to hear that. Its never easy when someone passes away. :hug to you and your family :) 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mjfromga said:

Lol they're fine. I will begin ich treatment on all of them and finish up the digging and rounding out the hole in the two weeks it will take to treat them. Uru is really sick and I don't know that with his mouth issues and whatnot... That he will make it... But these two still seem strong and I think they should be okay. 

Hi MJ how do you usually treat for Ich?

Thanks 

Donetta

Edited by Netta
typo

Salt and heat... But if I don't see improvement after a week, I will try ich meds. I have had ich twice before, both Walmart fish same as these. Both fish survived and did fine until the mass loss last winter. 

Oh I see most people do salt and heat.  Just curious what temp and how much salt usually works?

For goldfish I do 84-86° ideally. If they are too sick to handle this, I will take it down nearer to 80°. Salt at .3% for the duration. It depends on how sick the fish is, but it takes a while to fully get rid of ich. Once all the spots are gone, you need to treat for another 4-6 days to ensure it's all gone. Fairly lengthy process. 

The really sickle dude is still alive but definitely doing much worse than the other two. He can't really open his mouth. Maybe a TEENSY bit. Hes more drifty and floaty. I have been feeding crushed flakes. I think he can eat those. I've seen him able to move around substrate. He's still actively trying to eat, but he CANNOT eat pellets. They bounce off his face. The other two are eating and seem totally fine.

:hi Hi everyone!!!

On 10/16/2018 at 6:40 PM, Fish Of Gold said:

Hi guys. I'm pretty sad because my cousin died yesterday due to stage 3 stomach cancer. She was just 56 years old. :rip: :crying::cryI was really hoping that she'd beat cancer like I did :( It breaks my heart to see her children and her brothers and sisters, friends and the rest of my family posting on FB  how much they miss her already. I wish I could take away their sadness and heartache, as well as my own. 

Sorry for your loss Amy. :hug

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 10:57 AM, DawnMichele said:

:hi Hi everyone!!!

:hi

Long time no see. I been so busy with the little one. She had 4 days off one week then the next week. One week we went to Grandpas then the next week she had her best friend over too. My house my house is a mess now. :crazy: Want to come and clean it for me :lol