koko

Open Chat :)

1,109 posts in this topic

:hi 

15 minutes ago, FishyMandy said:

:hi 

:hi Hi Mandy!!! How are you???

32 minutes ago, Netta said:

Yes I'm loving my free time!  My son is 13 years old and he's on a Campout with the Boyscouts.  You have kids?

Funny I really enjoy the water changes too.  It's one of the times I feel really connected to my wish 😂 only a fellow fish keeper would understand that. 

I bet he's having fun. Mommy is. LOL!!! I have doggies. They are my kid's.  I use to keep Goldfish. I lost them all to dropsy one after the other. I decided to go tropical. I have a 125 with my Oscar Big Boy. He has lots of personality & he is BI!!!. I have a 55 with Cichlid's. LOVE THEM!!!! 

Wow big tanks!  I plan to go big in a year or so.  I hear Chiclids are very smart.

Here to pick up my son now.  Back to reality 😂 

16 hours ago, DawnMichele said:

I bet he's having fun. Mommy is. LOL!!! I have doggies. They are my kid's.  I use to keep Goldfish. I lost them all to dropsy one after the other. I decided to go tropical. I have a 125 with my Oscar Big Boy. He has lots of personality & he is BI!!!. I have a 55 with Cichlid's. LOVE THEM!!!! 

How come you didn't try again with the Goldies??  What do you love about your new fish?

I lost almost 40 fish last winter to costia and a mystery disease that I suspect came from an imported fish. I got extremely discouraged and shut down the entire system and threw everything out. I had a few fish that weren't in that pond and made it through the winter fine. They gave me renewed hope in the hobby. I want a slightly larger system but not a large one like I had.

I had problems all the time with indoor goldfish and I have written off trying to keep my fish indoors. Just high nitrates and issues. Rigorous and difficult water changes. Hard to keep but 2 or 3 fish because I only can fit a 55. There's no fun in 1 or 2 fish for me. And I like fancies which don't do as well in tanks. 

I switched to Cichlids indoors too. New to them. Haven't had any water quality issues yet. Nobody has died. I like many different types of fish and am trying my hand at other species too. My favorites are goldfish but I don't have a special one like I used to have. Looking for one. 

If I win, someone else can have it. Can't fit the shirts and don't too much want the figurine. I'm sure someone else would value it more than me. 

Oops... That went into the WRONG thread. Haha wow. Can someone move it? If not... I can repost it there.

In other news... normally my food turns out like rubbish but today it turned out great. It was shrimp alfredo. Not bland or weird tasting like usual. Was very good actually. 

IMG_20180916_170511~2.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Netta said:

How come you didn't try again with the Goldies??  What do you love about your new fish?

Hello Netta. Hope you had a nice day. After losing so many Goldfish one after the other I decided they weren't for me. I had too many problems with them. I decided instead of just giving up I would get into keeping tropical fish. I just LOVE my Cichlid's!!! They are so colorful & lots of fun!!!!  My favorite is my Oscar Big Boy. I got him when he was about 4 inches & he is now over 12 inches.  He is so much fun!!!! He is ALWAYS rearranging the tank.  LOL!!!! If it wasn't for Goldfish I would never would have made all the great friends I have made here!!!  :thumbup2:

55 gallon Cichlid tank

Big Boy

Edited by DawnMichele
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mjfromga said:

I lost almost 40 fish last winter to costia and a mystery disease that I suspect came from an imported fish. I got extremely discouraged and shut down the entire system and threw everything out. I had a few fish that weren't in that pond and made it through the winter fine. They gave me renewed hope in the hobby. I want a slightly larger system but not a large one like I had.

I had problems all the time with indoor goldfish and I have written off trying to keep my fish indoors. Just high nitrates and issues. Rigorous and difficult water changes. Hard to keep but 2 or 3 fish because I only can fit a 55. There's no fun in 1 or 2 fish for me. And I like fancies which don't do as well in tanks. 

I switched to Cichlids indoors too. New to them. Haven't had any water quality issues yet. Nobody has died. I like many different types of fish and am trying my hand at other species too. My favorites are goldfish but I don't have a special one like I used to have. Looking for one. 

If I win, someone else can have it. Can't fit the shirts and don't too much want the figurine. I'm sure someone else would value it more than me. 

That sounds overwhelming to loose such a big amount of fish.  I'd probably would have taken a break too. Having fish problems all the time is not fun.  I hope my two babies can pull through.  I see lots of people are switching over to Cichlids.  With all the losses I know you you have a lot to share with others.  Thanks for being willing to do that.  I have lots to learn.

3 hours ago, mjfromga said:

Oops... That went into the WRONG thread. Haha wow. Can someone move it? If not... I can repost it there.

In other news... normally my food turns out like rubbish but today it turned out great. It was shrimp alfredo. Not bland or weird tasting like usual. Was very good actually. 

IMG_20180916_170511~2.jpg

Yummy 😋 

1 hour ago, DawnMichele said:

Hello Netta. Hope you had a nice day. After losing so many Goldfish one after the other I decided they weren't for me. I had too many problems with them. I decided instead of just giving up I would get into keeping tropical fish. I just LOVE my Cichlid's!!! They are so colorful & lots of fun!!!!  My favorite is my Oscar Big Boy. I got him when he was about 4 inches & he is now over 12 inches.  He is so much fun!!!! He is ALWAYS rearranging the tank.  LOL!!!! If it wasn't for Goldfish I would never would have made all the great friends I have made here!!!  :thumbup2:

55 gallon Cichlid tank

Big Boy

That is a bigggg fish!  How long have you had Big Boy? I think I'd be scared of him lol.  You have awesome tanks with gravel and everything!  Yeah you guys are cool peoples!

My day was good just lounging around now.  Winding down for work tomorrow.  Hope you had a good day too.

• Like 1

5b9ec9a16c89e_IMG_20180916_1705112.thumb.jpg.543a4bfb693a7fedff9c4cc7bc50d715.jpg
Looks good. I cooked for the week ahead tonight. I cooked 6 pork chops, 5 full chicken breast, fixed black beans, red beans, lentils, sticky rice, and sweet potatoes.
That will go with the frozen vegetables I also added into my lunch trays. Peas, peas and carrots, chopped kale, and my side salads that I will be taking.

since the new medicine the doctors put me on as reduce the inflammation a lot I have found that some foods that I could not eat before I can now eat in moderation :) it makes me happy. Lol

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That is a bigggg fish!  How long have you had Big Boy? I think I'd be scared of him lol.  You have awesome tanks with gravel and everything!  Yeah you guys are cool peoples!
My day was good just lounging around now.  Winding down for work tomorrow.  Hope you had a good day too.
You should be scared.... you should be scared. Have you saw what he can do? He can move boulders!

• Like 1

Need to trim plants again. Since I have started using flourish and Excel my plants are thriving!! Can't believe I never did before. b14f9e98ca5286ac87aec7f4039d1b86.jpg

Also I moved moma betta to the blackwater setup since I post a pic I think. The male betta I had in there would not leave the neon green Rasbora alone.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Daniel E. said:

You should be scared.... you should be scared. Have you saw what he can do? He can move boulders!

Wow!  I'm impressed.

22 hours ago, Netta said:

Hi Netta. Hope you had a good day. I have had Big Boy for 4 years. He is so much fun!!! He does get grumpy if I do something in his tank he doesn't like. LOL!!!

7 hours ago, Netta said:

Wow!  I'm impressed.

DSC03854.JPG

DSC03850.JPG

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DawnMichele said:

Hi Netta. Hope you had a good day. I have had Big Boy for 4 years. He is so much fun!!! He does get grumpy if I do something in his tank he doesn't like. LOL!!!

It's amazing how they have their own personalities.

I put some zuchinni in the tank for the plecos, they haven't found it yet but the goldies have :rofl 

• Like 1

Ugh. Eating "healthy" lold6fb7055ce00d99f1fea34bafca49c97.jpg

• Like 2

Looks yummy to me :feedme

• Like 1

I just seen a story from the news on tv on FB about someone throwing Tide detergent pods in a Koi pond and it foamed up and killed the fish :saywhat:why::undecided: Id like to do this to whoever did that.  :u035: :wa:kickbutt

• Like 1

On 9/16/2018 at 8:47 PM, Daniel E. said:

• Haha 2

Lol this is great

• Haha 1

:hiWhat up everyone!!!