koko

Open Chat :)

1,153 posts in this topic

Nice looking tank!  Do you have the dimensions of that tank?

It says 60"x26"x18".

Would be great for the Angels... If they live.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Yeah, they would love the depth! 

It's not very common to find a 5 foot tank - I tried for a couple of years and gave up.  :no:

If you do get to go see it, make sure it has all the glass tops and that they fit well.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Yeah, they would love the depth! 
It's not very common to find a 5 foot tank - I tried for a couple of years and gave up.  :no:
If you do get to go see it, make sure it has all the glass tops and that they fit well.
Good luck!

Thanks. The guy messaged back and said it was pending sale. But if it did not happen he would take the $250 for it. 🤞

I cleaned out my Bettas tank fully. Redid it a bit and got back back running. The light in his lid broke a few months ago so I use a clamp on light and no lid. He was a poor swimmer and I wasn't worried about him jumping. And of course he never did.

I really wanted to try Guppies and I hadn't heard of them jumping but after Daniel said his kept jumping... I'm leery of trying them without a lid even though I see tons of guppy tanks without lids on YouTube. 

One thing that IS NOT going to happen is me paying $25 for a new lid. I wanted more than ONE FISH in the tank this time if I could... But maybe another Betta is the best choice. I really don't enjoy Bettas. Mine didn't swim well and though he was fun at first... as he grew, he sorta got lazy and boring. 

I cleaned out my Bettas tank fully. Redid it a bit and got back back running. The light in his lid broke a few months ago so I use a clamp on light and no lid. He was a poor swimmer and I wasn't worried about him jumping. And of course he never did.
I really wanted to try Guppies and I hadn't heard of them jumping but after Daniel said his kept jumping... I'm leery of trying them without a lid even though I see tons of guppy tanks without lids on YouTube. 
One thing that IS NOT going to happen is me paying $25 for a new lid. I wanted more than ONE FISH in the tank this time if I could... But maybe another Betta is the best choice. I really don't enjoy Bettas. Mine didn't swim well and though he was fun at first... as he grew, he sorta got lazy and boring. 
I can't remember the size of your tank. Was it 5 or 10 gallons?

Plakats are full of energy, since they dont have long finnage to drag them down. But a female betta would also work as well.

Depending on the size, maybe look into doing a micro community?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Daniel E. said:

I can't remember the size of your tank. Was it 5 or 10 gallons?

It's 10.

It's 10.
You have lots of options then. If you like Interactive interesting fish might look at apistogrammas. They are an eight little cichlid that can live in a 10 gallon tank. But that's just a thought.

I don't have many source options. Another problem. I don't order fish online and there are few stores here. I will have a look around. 

• Like 1

I don't have many source options. Another problem. I don't order fish online and there are few stores here. I will have a look around. 
Let us know what you decide!

Definitely will do! 

• Like 1

Against my better judgment, I replaced Novae the Crowntail Betta with another Crowntail very similar. This is Verdistis... I saw him and snatched his cup instantly as some other woman was pondering over him. I think she wanted him too. 

Filthy cup of course. I acclimated him and put him into the tank. It's really new to me to see a Betta swimming around like a normal fish. Novae hadn't swam much in a long time and eventually could no longer swim up and basically suffocated at the bottom one night. 

This one will probably die on me too... But for some reason, I just really wanted him. 

IMG_20180810_182044.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats on the new addition!

Thanks. I don't want to keep him alone but we shall see. 

• Like 1

Thanks. I don't want to keep him alone but we shall see. 
I've considered dwarf corydoras with mine. But I've not pulled that trigger yet. Lol

I have no idea how I turned my reply into a link lol

It is super hard to show his colors on my bogus phone camera. He's got a very dark blue (almost black) head and shoulders, light blue/grey body, and purple/grey fins. Huge fins and probably setting myself up to fail again due to that, but I just had to have him. 

Here he is in the tank. I'm not sure what actual color pattern he is... But it sure is pretty. I have a suspicion he won't stay this color because it's truly all over the place. 

Here he is in the tank. I'm not sure what actual color pattern he is... But it sure is pretty. I have a suspicion he won't stay this color because it's truly all over the place. 
Nice. The one I had was really similar and his color was stable so hopefully it will be.

I hope so too. This color is pretty cool looking to me. You ever have one of those days where your hair just won't cooperate and you just say... Forget it? Yeah... Today was one of those days for me. This is why I keep a haircut lol

IMG_20180811_184828.jpg

You ever have one of those days where your hair just won't cooperate and you just say... Forget it?

Where can I order to have this on my tombstone?

(I like your hair btw, doesn't look bad at all IMO.)

• Haha 1

So sad news and good? News.

So some of you may remember that I got a puffer a little while back. It was the Indian dwarf pea Puffer. unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that he had a parasite. He was wild caught as I believe all of them are and apparently it is a common situation. I was feeding blood worms and live mosquito larvae and baby pind snails everyday but he kept getting thinner and thinner. Towards the end he did quit eating all together. So that's the sad news.

The good news is I decided to utilize his tank for my betta that I have had in the hanging 1 gallon Bowl for two and a half years. Maybe 3 years. It's hard to remember lol. He always seemed happy and would build bubble nest periodically. He eat and grew and would greet me every day several times a day. But now he is in the two and a half gallon tank.

I tore the tank completely down and did a complete cleaning. I got rid of the old substrate just in case that may have been harboring something bad in it and replaced it with some sand that I have had for a while. I also moved his plants from his bowl into the tank and scrubbed down the piece of artificial Driftwood that was in with the puffer.

His only tankmate is the smaller than pea-sized nerite snail that was in the bowl with him to begin with.

I will get some pictures here shortly as soon as the tank settles a little bit and some of the micro bubbles on the walls absorb into the water. He seems to be happy exploring his new environment so I hope this will be a positive endeavor.

I have lost so many fish lately between the Angels before and now the puffer.

Im sorry to hear about the puffer, but on the flipside cant wait to see the new bettas digs!

• Like 1

Here he is.c0e2385f64945315c26af3627a7e559b.jpg937b215e33761a7bc6097332262fe1b0.jpg27cf3c15569b88314b02bf242e4df7f5.jpg7c9882476e9a915b90f5517b123acab5.jpg821ef583087a169852c1bf106e871fcc.jpg8b2ceb199874639e641349fdf1dc26cf.jpg

• Like 2