koko

Open Chat :)

759 posts in this topic

At least the plants are doing nice lolc3282cacea1fb5e1804282cde043b159.jpg

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aussieJJDude said:

Morning!

Quick question koko, would it be possible to look into adding the report button to the tapatalk end of things?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thank you for spotting that for me. :thumbs: 

I was busy today doing birthday things :) 

• Like 2

At least the plants are doing nice lolc3282cacea1fb5e1804282cde043b159.jpg

Looking really good, plants seem to be growing in well.
Thank you for spotting that for me. :thumbs: 
I was busy today doing birthday things  
All good! ;)

On another 50% water change today.

I'm thinking maybe this weekend I will start trying to set up the other Nano tank. I will have to get it of course LOL.

I'm thinking of doing a simple java fern setup for the Pea puffer tank. not sure where I am going to get the Pea puffer at yet LOL. None of the local pet stores have them though one has carried them in the past. So I may ask them if they can get a shipment in. I've been doing a lot of research on them that's why I was watching a lot of videos and I think that would make a nice little nano tank fish for my bedside table to watch.
I may get some MTS or Ramshorns and though in my other tank to grow some food for the puffer.

• Like 2

How is everyone?

Pretty good. Yourself?

Not too bad. Working again as I will be all week. They got us on 60 hour weeks right now.

Not too bad. Working again as I will be all week. They got us on 60 hour weeks right now.

Oh no... that does not sound fun at all.

And i thought having an 11hr shift last week was bad!

Oh no... that does not sound fun at all.

And i thought having an 11hr shift last week was bad!

They are rough but it gives me more money to spend on my pets LOL

• Like 1

And 10 days after hatching, they actually look like proper birds. Pretty cute. Turns out there are 4 of them and not 3. I look from time to time but don't linger and I never ever touch them, feed them, or reach towards them. I just look. Their mom seems to be doing a great job and there is no need for my intervention. 

• Like 1

Aww they are so cute Myra!

Freah water change and changed the
"substrate".e26ffb76105c412e53ccd2b2a919314d.jpg

• Like 1

Got a tattoo today. 4a10a3f15bdbe9ce0353ca76bab78694.jpg

• Like 1

Hi all :) I don't visit here much any more as I don't currently have fish at the moment (see previous posts in which I had what can only be described as an adult tantrum and got rid of all my tanks :P)

I'm thinking I will get another tank once the weather warms up and I can put some money aside for it (it's currently winter here in Aus). 

Anyways, I just wanted to pop on here and say hello to everyone :hi

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 12:53 AM, FishyMandy said:

Aww they are so cute Myra!

Hopefully you don't die of cuteness... I almost did. These are some SILLY birds. They're getting too scrunched in their nest and so they have decided to use the entire planter as a nest. 

• Like 2

Hopefully you don't die of cuteness... I almost did. These are some SILLY birds. They're getting too scrunched in their nest and so they have decided to use the entire planter as a nest. 
That is cute. I would not have thought they would spread out like that.

Anyone want to see my "new" 5 gallon tank? I came across an awesome deal on a Spec V and snagged it.

Turns out they were waiting for their mother to take them. She returned and they all left. They were too big for that nest and I think she moved them. Though they were quite large so maybe they flew off on their own. Either way they're gone now. I enjoyed them while they stayed actually. Cute little things. 

• Like 1

Aw the babies are so precious! Such a privilege to get to see them grow up 

23 hours ago, Daniel E. said:

https://youtu.be/R1Al0K9rcZ8

Thats a really pretty tank. Looks like you got Sail fin Mollies and guppies :)

22 hours ago, mjfromga said:

Turns out they were waiting for their mother to take them. She returned and they all left. They were too big for that nest and I think she moved them. Though they were quite large so maybe they flew off on their own. Either way they're gone now. I enjoyed them while they stayed actually. Cute little things. 

Do you know what kind of birds? They are so neat :) 

Do you know what kind of birds? They are so neat  
Variatus platy and one lone male guppy. This will not be there forever home of course the platys get too big. When I get the 38 gallon setup I will transfer them over to it most likely. But for now they are looking beautiful in my new tank :)
If I could keep some of the plants rooted in the ground that would help LOL. The platys like to pick at them and because the aqua soil is so light the plants come after easily.. so far I have been replacing the small plants roughly twice a day. But eventually their Roots will grow enough to wear when I plant them they will stick.

My other 5 gallon tank I have repurposed for my puffer tank. Still working on it right now.

They have a sale on the Marineland 38 gallon bowfront kit for $113. I'm thinking about getting one of those instead of trying to use my old 36 bow front. I've been having a hard time getting it really clean after it was in the basement and molded so bad. Also the plastic brace is very badly damaged due to Once Upon a Time trying to keep a bearded dragon in it short-term. the heat lamp was a little bit too close to it and melted about half of it. So I'm thinking it might not be as watertight or as safe as it once was.

1 hour ago, Daniel E. said:

Variatus platy and one lone male guppy. This will not be there forever home of course the platys get too big. When I get the 38 gallon setup I will transfer them over to it most likely. But for now they are looking beautiful in my new tank :)
If I could keep some of the plants rooted in the ground that would help LOL. The platys like to pick at them and because the aqua soil is so light the plants come after easily.. so far I have been replacing the small plants roughly twice a day. But eventually their Roots will grow enough to wear when I plant them they will stick.

My other 5 gallon tank I have repurposed for my puffer tank. Still working on it right now.

They have a sale on the Marineland 38 gallon bowfront kit for $113. I'm thinking about getting one of those instead of trying to use my old 36 bow front. I've been having a hard time getting it really clean after it was in the basement and molded so bad. Also the plastic brace is very badly damaged due to Once Upon a Time trying to keep a bearded dragon in it short-term. the heat lamp was a little bit too close to it and melted about half of it. So I'm thinking it might not be as watertight or as safe as it once was.

If you lived closer you could have my bow front. Its still sitting out front :o 

If you lived closer you could have my bow front. Its still sitting out front  
That would have been awesome.

Right now I'm thinking a Max of 3 tanks. The bowfront for a larger community tank and the two 5gal. Maybe next year I'm thinking of building as outside pond. Just don't have the cash this year for it.

B126FA03-7D87-424C-9BA0-7EB383E767C7.jpeg

• Like 1