koko

Open Chat :)

776 posts in this topic

Tali and Sparkyfd14b8918f6a94ba47360c1fda9a079a.jpg28cd935dc271903bba7a0d286d0ecaa0.jpg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The cresties641fa6a226d9fed077ff960faa94fb75.jpgc1b070f07e472096763a829bdbe70af2.jpg

• Like 3

I think I will just leave it. Hopefully the bird will move soon. She can't be comfortable constantly disturbed like that by my big silly dog. 

• Like 1

Lol... Sort of cute... Silly little thing. I won't touch her nest. 

IMG_20180702_123450.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daniel E. said:

Tali and Sparkyfd14b8918f6a94ba47360c1fda9a079a.jpg28cd935dc271903bba7a0d286d0ecaa0.jpg

Cute pics. I tried to copy... But my big potato head didn't really want to cooperate lol

IMG_20180702_134258_kindlephoto-1839040489.jpg

• Like 3

Lol it's all good. That's a good pic :)

What kind of dog do you have there?

Cute pics. I tried to copy... But my big potato head didn't really want to cooperate lol
IMG_20180702_134258_kindlephoto-1839040489.thumb.jpg.f9e66fd298e494c261869ab3bb85992b.jpg

Labrador mix is what he was called when I adopted him. But he's definitely a mutt... 

#1. His ears sit oddly, they don't sit like a Labrador's ears.

#2. His tail also sits oddly. NOTHING like a Labrador. 

#3. His coat doesn't wick water at all and its not flat like a Labrador's. 

#4. He's not built like a Labrador. He's about 26" at the shoulder but 34" from base of neck to base of tail. 

#5. He's got double rear dewclaws with all the bones of normal toes. This is rare from what vets have told me. 

There is strong suspicion that he contains a good deal of Great Pyrenees genetics even though he is black. He also barks very oddly... Not Labrador style at all. 

IMG_20180702_151449.jpg

IMG_20180702_151943.jpg

IMG_20180702_151646.jpg

IMG_20180702_134037.jpg

IMG_20180702_152111.jpg

• Like 1

Nevermind! The eggs actually hatched TODAY. There are already baby birds in the nest. Awww.... ewwww... idk which one to say omg... 

• Like 2

Oh my. The nest situation is hilarious to read. Haha, they must really like you a lot since they decided to build a nest so close!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hey everyone. Someone understand only had three Guppies today. I could not find their bodies but the two snails may have eaten them if they died.

I got two Replacements today and went ahead and added them to the tank. I'm thinking when all of these eventually pass away getting something else to go in the tank. Maybe even another betta I'm not sure. I like the idea of seeing multiple smaller fish though and there isn't a lot of options for a 5 gallon tank LOL

In other news I am a bit conflicted about what I am wanting to set up next. I'm considering either doing the hermit crabs like I have been researching or setting up my 45 gallon bowfront tank again and putting something in it.

What do you all think? Just to get some other opinions there.

Also do you think it would be worth trying or attempting a saltwater tank for the first time. I'm not sure since I'm just getting back into fish again after a break lol

Okay I went to take a picture of them and I believe I found at what happened. I noticed I was down to four instead of 5 again. And I found one on the floor. Apparently they will jump out of the tank. This was something I did not know about Guppies. the dogs and probably got rid of the other two that had jumped out.
5edf8cb45c5d762d99bf3cca94f54f82.jpgf599cd3da2e0954087eb05b286ef32b0.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah. Guppies are jumpers - I didn't notice that you didn't have a lid, otherwise I would of mentioned it. Many surface dwelling fish are jumpers...

As for the 45g, why not get some goldies in there?

Hermies are certainly a viable option in there as well.

As for salt, what are you thinking of doing? Reef or fish only? That will determine how difficult it will be, and cost/time involved. Reef requires a little more to get things running smoothly - like using RODI water, unlike fish only which does fine with tap - and lighting, coral, supplements and whatnots really add up. You cant really skimp on important equitment like you could in fish only.... but with marine, its important not to rust.

And research extensively beforehand.

I've had a Betta in a ten gallon since last September. He has developed some sort of swim bladder issue I believe. I've been trying to treat him for three weeks, but he isn't getting better. He eats still but he can't swim properly. He either floats at the surface or sinks to the bottom. He seems to struggle to get up and down as well. I am thinking about trying a different tank for him. He's a junk quality crowntail. 

Sorry to hear about your betta. Hopefully things improve somewhat, I find that shallow water, epsom salts and if needed, and long term a change in diet can make a difference!

• Like 1

I've heard of swim bladder issues in Betta fish over and over. It's annoying for sure. I am going to keep trying. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Daniel E. said:

Hey everyone. Someone understand only had three Guppies today. I could not find their bodies but the two snails may have eaten them if they died.

I got two Replacements today and went ahead and added them to the tank. I'm thinking when all of these eventually pass away getting something else to go in the tank. Maybe even another betta I'm not sure. I like the idea of seeing multiple smaller fish though and there isn't a lot of options for a 5 gallon tank LOL

In other news I am a bit conflicted about what I am wanting to set up next. I'm considering either doing the hermit crabs like I have been researching or setting up my 45 gallon bowfront tank again and putting something in it.

What do you all think? Just to get some other opinions there.

Also do you think it would be worth trying or attempting a saltwater tank for the first time. I'm not sure since I'm just getting back into fish again after a break lol

If you like the idea of seeing multiple smaller fish, I restarted a 20 gallon long tank with nano sized fish and I'm enjoying the busy activity at all levels of the tank.  Some personality and colours.  Celestial Pearl Danios, Sparkling Gouramis, Chili/Mosquito rasboras, Asian Stone catfish and Blue Velvet Neocardinia shrimp.   There's also Peacock Gudgeons, Cobalt gobies, but they need more space than a 5 gallon tank.  I barely register any nitrates before the next water change.

• Like 1

I've had a Betta in a ten gallon since last September. He has developed some sort of swim bladder issue I believe. I've been trying to treat him for three weeks, but he isn't getting better. He eats still but he can't swim properly. He either floats at the surface or sinks to the bottom. He seems to struggle to get up and down as well. I am thinking about trying a different tank for him. He's a junk quality crowntail. 
I'm sorry. Bettas can be funny animals. The ones if have is smaller containers have done better and lived longer than any I've had in a tank. I do t k ow why but that has been my experience.

This is where mine is now.
1aa63259253f0d68d93801cbe5b3d544.jpg

Thanks. I would give bigger but for this tank and where it is at I don't think it would be safe too. So I'll ha e to stay with 5gal.
It sit on my entertainment center.

If you like the idea of seeing multiple smaller fish, I restarted a 20 gallon long tank with nano sized fish and I'm enjoying the busy activity at all levels of the tank.  Some personality and colours.  Celestial Pearl Danios, Sparkling Gouramis, Chili/Mosquito rasboras, Asian Stone catfish and Blue Velvet Neocardinia shrimp.   There's also Peacock Gudgeons, Cobalt gobies, but they need more space than a 5 gallon tank.  I barely register any nitrates before the next water change.
0e1e8cddd5d217e3420cffaa64eab680.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry, meant to say that the Gudgeons and gobys require a larger tank, but I think a school of chili rasboras, a few Asian stone cats, sparkling gouramis would do fine in a 5 gallon.  Maybe the Celestial Pearl Danios are an option too.

• Like 1

I've never had sparkling gouramis that could be interesting.

Sorry, meant to say that the Gudgeons and gobys require a larger tank, but I think a school of chili rasboras, a few Asian stone cats, sparkling gouramis would do fine in a 5 gallon.  Maybe the Celestial Pearl Danios are an option too.

My first time with the sparkling gouramis too.  Surprised by how inquisitive they are.   The Celestial Pearl Danios (CPD) could be very shy, they need dithers to pull them out of the background but their colours are intense. The sparkling gouramis do draw out my CPD's so they are all out and about now.

• Like 1

My first time with the sparkling gouramis too.  Surprised by how inquisitive they are.   The Celestial Pearl Danios (CPD) could be very shy, they need dithers to pull them out of the background but their colours are intense. The sparkling gouramis do draw out my CPD's so they are all out and about now.
Do you have any pics on the site of your tank?

5 hours ago, Daniel E. said:

Do you have any pics on the site of your tank?

I don't but I'll be glad to take some pics for you.  The lighting is dim right now, worse with some almond leaves and the tannins in the water.  I have a new led light that I'll be installing over the weekend so I can take some for you then.

• Like 1

I don't but I'll be glad to take some pics for you.  The lighting is dim right now, worse with some almond leaves and the tannins in the water.  I have a new led light that I'll be installing over the weekend so I can take some for you then.
Thanks I appreciate it.

Just snapped a few pics, if the lighting is dramatically better, I'll take more pics over the weekend.  Left side of the tank I'm fine with, it's supposed to be a high flow, highly oxygenated area for the gobys.  Mainly stone and gravel for decor.  Right side is slower flow, more plants, woodwork and leaf litter.  Still a work in progress, the tank has been up for a couple of months and the plants are starting to slowly grow in.  In the end it doesn't seem to matter, the high flow fish are chilling in the quiet side, the slow flow fish are hanging around the high flow side.  So whatever look that you like!

• Like 1