koko

Open Chat :)

767 posts in this topic

:hi hungout with a couple friends for a few hours. We drove pretty far up north hahaha. I probably should be asleep because I have work at 9!

• Haha 1

:hi

Hello everyone.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Hi Daniel!

It past long time since I haven’t seen your goldfish. Last time you had gorgeous red-white fantails.

• Like 1

Hi Daniel!
It past long time since I haven’t seen your goldfish. Last time you had gorgeous red-white fantails.
I've not had any in a long time. Something had happened and I could not keep anything for a while. Everything would die. Idk if it was the well water or what. I've just started back trying with there guppies I got.

• Like 1

Guppies are fantastic fish! What type of guppies do you have?

:hi

Where is everyone :o

Guppies are fantastic fish! What type of guppies do you have?
Idk yellow orange ones lol
b80406bcd130c558d61ace2127110ecf.jpg

• Like 1

Where is everyone
Idk :idont:

Posted (edited)

Eh... quick question.

I impulsed brought a goldie... It was a big boy - or girl - for only $9, which is a steal - and would of cost at least twice at much IMO.... The question is, how do I acclimatise it to outdoor, which is winter conditions? The store has all aquariums at around 25C (so 77F) and currently outside the temperature is around 13C (55F). Question is, how to acclimatise it to cooler waters without shocking the poor thing? I tried, and in a couple of minutes it already was having a difficult time, so I quickly changed my mind and brought it inside and acclimatised it there?

I have googled... but have come up with nothing concrete... so hoping some goldie wisdom from here may be able to assist - since for once, I have come up blank!

Edited by aussieJJDude

I will mention that house temp is usually 20C (68F), so that does help a bit and reduce the difference a bit... It has acclimatised fine to house temp.

11 hours ago, Daniel E. said:

Idk :idont:

I been building a fountain for my backyard :) 

9 hours ago, aussieJJDude said:

Eh... quick question.

I impulsed brought a goldie... It was a big boy - or girl - for only $9, which is a steal - and would of cost at least twice at much IMO.... The question is, how do I acclimatise it to outdoor, which is winter conditions? The store has all aquariums at around 25C (so 77F) and currently outside the temperature is around 13C (55F). Question is, how to acclimatise it to cooler waters without shocking the poor thing? I tried, and in a couple of minutes it already was having a difficult time, so I quickly changed my mind and brought it inside and acclimatised it there?

I have googled... but have come up with nothing concrete... so hoping some goldie wisdom from here may be able to assist - since for once, I have come up blank!

I would bring some water to him from the pond and put that in his tank. Do this every hour or so till the water starts to match to the outside :) 

• Like 1

I would bring some water to him from the pond and put that in his tank. Do this every hour or so till the water starts to match to the outside  
Duh. Of course! That does sound like a better alternative, I was going to do a large scale water change on my 65g - to save water and help flush out my pond, i drain excess water from my 65g into the pond which does help flush it out a bit.

You're idea is a little easier. Thanks for that koko!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hope everyone has a Happy Fourth Of July!!!  :redbanana: :redbanana: :redbanana:

• Like 1

Went on a little trip yesterday. ccb0a43815144af4c28334dd25bc3917.jpg65f03f80cabd16c8c907632b06fe217e.jpg9ab587aa903cb95c82526c270f980284.jpg9ff9ae620670acfbbcbef78775ea22ac.jpgfd9cbee54ba458ccf191cf0ccd23ff57.jpg83d7176d24a541ecc346ea993347fc40.jpg88d8d6c75548d57b103ca135b14b7dbb.jpg45fa315a99ae2585f9b40a8f4dcc6493.jpg138a2be51427c8635c8790e222ab1341.jpg32403fd7046e3c7ae3b9c96dbe5ba449.jpg

• Like 2

Those are some amazing pictures!!!! 

:hi everyone 

• Like 1

Thanks Mikey

Those are some amazing pictures!!!! 

:hi everyone 

I don’t know why I can’t sleep tonight 

I hardly ever do befor 2-3am and I'm up at 7-8am lol

I don’t know why I can’t sleep tonight 

4 minutes ago, Daniel E. said:

I hardly ever do befor 2-3am and I'm up at 7-8am lol

I need to be up at 5 am to go home and then wake up again around 7:30 am to get ready for work. Tomorrow at work is going to be killer for me. I’m behind on so many phone calls. 

I need to be up at 5 am to go home and then wake up again around 7:30 am to get ready for work. Tomorrow at work is going to be killer for me. I’m behind on so many phone calls. 
Well good luck with that!! I hope it goes well.

• Like 1

Amazing pics!

Just a quick update koko, the transfer went well and all day he (seems like a he to me... dunno why) was happily exploring and enjoying the company. Thanks for the suggestion, worked great! :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So lately a bird keeps hastily flapping away half the time I come out the front door with Nigredo. It then sits on a branch and squawks. Finally getting annoyed, I begun to look around and see why I kept seeing the bird. After much examination, turns out the stupid bird literally built a nest RIGHT in the flower thingy RIGHT on the front porch. 

Preparing to dig it out and toss it so ithe bird would build elsewhere, I looked inside and there are several EGGS. My gosh what a SILLY bird. I'm hesitant to toss the nest now. The eggs would likely be abandoned if I move it. It's super annoying for a bird to flap out like that and truly the nest is in a stupid place.

Animal control would not do anything but tell me to get rid of the nest. It's unlikely they would even do it for me. The bird is a very common seed eating type of bird. If it were a fish eating bird, I would destroy the entire thing without hesitation. My fish pond is RIGHT beside the nest. 

Just wondering what I should do now... 

IMG_20180702_105728.jpg

IMG_20180702_105743.jpg

IMG_20180702_105923.jpg

I'd just leave it. They won't be there long. But that's me.