Chris1251

Santa brought me a bigger tank!!! 😊😊😊

26 posts in this topic

Hi!  Chris here...

Santa brought me a 75 gallon tank this holiday season...  Holy cow!!!  And I I thought my 40 gallon was big!!! :rofl my question is ....  Will my 2 AC70’s, 2 4 inch sponge filters and one skimmer be enough filtration for this mansion that my fishys are moving into???  I know that I was over filtered in the 40 gallon tank with the 2 AC70’s, one 4 inch filter and the skimmer...  But It was necessary because I was over stocked and that  filtration kept the water pristine between WC’s...  I’m hoping the additional sponge filter will be enough to keep the 70 gallon in the same pristine condition...

Your advice is greatly appreciated...

Thanks soooooo much,

Chris. ;)

Edited by Chris1251
Spelling....
  • Like 1

Congratulations on your new tank Chris!!!!  Can't wait to see it!!!  :redbanana:   :redbanana:    :redbanana:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chris1251 said:

Hi!  Chris here...

Santa brought me a 75 gallon tank this holiday season...  Holy cow!!!  And I I thought my 40 gallon was big!!! :rofl my question is ....  Will my 2 AC70’s, 2 4 inch sponge filters and one skimmer be enough filtration for this mansion that my fishys are moving into???  I know that I was over filtered in the 40 gallon tank with the 2 AC70’s, one 4 inch filter and the skimmer...  But It was necessary because I was over stocked and that  filtration kept the water pristine between WC’s...  I’m hoping the additional sponge filter will be enough to keep the 70 gallon in the same pristine condition...

Your advice is greatly appreciated...

Thanks soooooo much,

Chris. ;)

After figuring all the GPH I think you would be fine . I got the AC70 with a sponge filter on my 40B and its doing great. Just got to remember not to put my Wondershell in the flow of my sponge filter :lol 

• Like 1

It sounds good to me.

• Like 1

Sounds awesome. :)

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Chris here....   OH YAY!!!  Thank you all...  We just moved a piece of furniture to make room for the tank, so I think set up will happen this weekend...  It’s definitely going to make a statement in the room...  I surely must be crazy....🤪  It’s huge!!!  

Ooh that sounds awesome. Can't wait to see. I wish I was allowed a tank upgrade :rofl 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Congrats on the new tank but....

WE NEED PICS!!! :photo:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, titch said:

Congrats on the new tank but....

WE NEED PICS!!! :photo:

Agree.. Photos or it didn't happen :rofl 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chris here....  So you want to see...  Well, this it today...  The back is painted...  😋😋😋

As you can see...  it’s on it’s way.... :booty 

464ADA74-4094-47AA-870E-A432F8BC799A.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chris1251 said:

Chris here....  So you want to see...  Well, this it today...  The back is painted...  😋😋😋

As you can see...  it’s on it’s way.... :booty 

:thumbup2:

• Like 1

Oh thats a very nice tank :) :gcar:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, koko said:

Oh thats a very nice tank :) :gcar:

Hurry!!! Put the lock's on your door!!!  :teehee

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Chris here...  Starting set up... 🤪...  by the time Koko get way down here it will be to heavy for here to snatch it away... :rofl 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chris1251 said:

Chris here...  Starting set up... 🤪...  by the time Koko get way down here it will be to heavy for here to snatch it away... :rofl 

Do you know how fast I can :gcar:

:rofl 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1CCA42FF-93DC-4DBC-B616-6F22D7D32C9E.jpegChris here....  Houston we have a problem...😱😱😱.   The AC70’s (2) May be enough filtration along with the 2 sponge filters...  But they don’t fit on the rim of the tank! 😖😖😖...  Not a good thing, especially since I found out mid transfer from tank to tank...  Got one to hang on temporary till this morning and have to run out and upgrade to 2 AC110’s...  They fit perfectly...  So now I’m over filtered again...  Oh, darn.... :rofl I’m never ever getting a larger tank than this one!!!  This one is huge!!!  It’s amazing but huge... I’m going to have to really look at it for a while to how to lay everything out...  but definitely stay mostly bare bottom...  but for now it’s a work in progress...  😉😉😉

• Haha 1

It looks great! Been overfiltered isn't a big problem :P

• Like 1

One AC110 with sponge filters should work just fine.  I don't think goldfish like churning water and fish that hang around in a comfortable "dead spot " to avoid the current don't get the exercise they need to stay healthy.  In my ponds, where the fish can decide whether they want to stay in the moving water coming from the filter or in the quieter parts of the pond, all choose the quieter water.

• Like 2

Tank looks FANTASTIC Chris!!!! IM liking chubbzie wubbzies in the left corner!!!! 

• Like 1

Hi! Chris here...  I have turned both filters down to the lowest setting and now going to purchase control valves for the air lines to the sponge filters...  to quiet the water...  😉😉😉.   Soooo much to figure out with a new tank... 😱😱😱

If flow is a concern, you could baffle the AC output similar to betta keepers to keep them a little more happier. Theres lots of mods that would suit, and provide you and your fish some comfort. But the tank looks amazing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chris1251 said:

Hi! Chris here...  I have turned both filters down to the lowest setting and now going to purchase control valves for the air lines to the sponge filters...  to quiet the water...  😉😉😉.   Soooo much to figure out with a new tank... 😱😱😱

You could use a power head on one of them that would kill the bubbles to it. 

• Like 1

Nice upgrade :)
I'm sure you will get everything all figured out in time :)

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi! Chris here...  Here is the finished layout of the tank...  I’m sure it will evolve over time, but for now this is as good as it gets....  My boys think they are interior decorators...  every time I turn around the are rearranging glass pebbles and plants...I guess they think they have a better idea... :rofl2

Enjoy!  😉

1637444E-71D2-4DFC-BB9E-BD3ED97D2B1C.jpeg

• Like 3