xStatic

Healing Ammonia Burns?

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

Almost two weeks ago I took in this little fantail goldfish from a girl who had been keeping him in a small fish bowl in her dorm room. When I got him he had a few black spots and streaks of black in his fins but I was unsure if the black was from healing ammonia burns or natural pigmentation. He’s now in my 60 gallon with other goldfish and seems to be doing quite well but the amount of black on his body seems to be increasing. Should I assume this is from the continued healing of ammonia burns he suffered from being kept in the little fish bowl? Goldfish don’t generally gain black pigmentation, right? I’ve mostly heard of black fish losing their black pigmentation as they’ve gotten older.

The picture of him in the little fish bowl was taken the day I got him.

46647a47576c444994e8ac20e51e6ac8.jpg

b5f1016747b7add3bc6a2bc619fe6727.jpg

18187e2fe5ccc9d6c955c022e8ca4ca2.jpg

a9d210acc78a4031fe2296dbed5825f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an oranda (Dylan) my sons fish who has changed from all orange too having quite a bit of black with ammonia at 0ppm and then back too orange with just alittle black on his mouth and tips of his fins if I were you I would just watch my water perimeters closely and keep up on w/c it should be ok 👌 

• Like 2

How is the fish now? 

Wow he's looking rough... Hope he pulled through. Those look like some pretty serious injuries.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk