FredTheGoldfish

Happy Holidays! and Ranchu Update

11 posts in this topic

Happy Holidays, everyone! :hoho I've been away for a while, but I'm back for a bit, and ready to lurk around my favorite goldfish forums and see how everyone's doing!

My little ranchu, Bubbles, has grown quite a bit over the past year and a half--I've included her/his baby pic with a current pic to see how much she/he's grown. :goldfish:

In case you were wondering, I feed my fish Repashy Soilent Green, the occasional frozen bloodworms and peas, and Omega One pellets.

Bubbles072016.jpg

Bubbles122017.jpg

• Like 1

WOW really changed color on you. Looks kinda like my fish "Goldfish" :) 

He's beautiful! has really filled out well!

On 12/21/2017 at 9:52 AM, koko said:

WOW really changed color on you. Looks kinda like my fish "Goldfish" :) 

Thank you! :)

Bubbles changed color almost overnight when I started feeding him the Repashy gel food. My kids didn't believe it was the same fish, he changed color so quickly LOL!

6 hours ago, ClinicaTerraLTD said:

Beautiful! Congrats on Bubbles' growth and health! 

Thank you! :) I decided not to add a second fish to my (29 gal) tank, and I think it's made a big difference in Bubbles' overall health.

4 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

He's beautiful! has really filled out well!

Thanks! :) I think he's the healthiest fish I've ever had! The tips and advice from this forum have really helped. :thumbup2:

20 hours ago, FredTheGoldfish said:

Thank you!

:) I decided not to add a second fish to my (29 gal) tank, and I think it's made a big difference in Bubbles' overall health.

Indeed; my last goldie, Marcus, was all alone in his 60 gallon and I always suspected it had something to do with overall health and growth (we unfortunately lost him over the holidays, but had him for about six years). 

59 minutes ago, ClinicaTerraLTD said:

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :( Six years is a good long time for a goldfish--I bet he had a very happy life with you! :heart

Hi all! Here's an update on my goldfish, Bubbles! Another 8-9 months later, Bubbles has changed color again!

At first, I was worried that Bubbles was ill when I saw white appearing behind the gills, but Bubbles seemed happy and healthy. After a week, Bubbles turned from all orange to mostly white with a few orange bits. Very cool!

IMG_9252.jpeg

• Like 1

Wow very nice looking fish. Really has changed a lot :thumbs: 

• Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:18 PM, FredTheGoldfish said:

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :( Six years is a good long time for a goldfish--I bet he had a very happy life with you! :heart

I sure hope he did, Fred; we try to provide the best home and life for them -- especially compared to the stores they come from! 

Thank you very much for your sympathies. 

Edited by ClinicaTerraLTD

18 hours ago, FredTheGoldfish said:

Hi all! Here's an update on my goldfish, Bubbles! Another 8-9 months later, Bubbles has changed color again!

At first, I was worried that Bubbles was ill when I saw white appearing behind the gills, but Bubbles seemed happy and healthy. After a week, Bubbles turned from all orange to mostly white with a few orange bits. Very cool!

IMG_9252.jpeg

Beautiful, Fred! Hope he has a very long and happy life with you! 

• Like 1