koko

Winter Fun reveal thread!

33 posts in this topic

If you have opened yours already Please post some photos so we can all See :)

• Like 1

Don't have mine yet but can't wait to see what everyone got. And Koko I love your spelling XD. Reveal thread. Lol I'm just messing but seriously the spelling did make me giggle. 

I'm excited to see what everyone gets!

10 hours ago, mjfromga said:

Don't have mine yet but can't wait to see what everyone got. And Koko I love your spelling XD. Reveal thread. Lol I'm just messing but seriously the spelling did make me giggle. 

Well Im sick and Im sticking to it. Plus got a 4 year old with and ear infection :(:lol 

Im glad to make ppl laugh even if it is my spelling. TD calls is Shayisms :rofl 

• Like 1

We will be opening gifts Christmas.  Will post that evening.

I say Open Open Open.... :teehee

Let the fun begin. :)

I got these pretty blue ornaments, oven mits, and drak chocolates. I may have already eat some of them. :)3386bceb4fe42c8bd1258d9026890d24.jpg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Helen was my winter fun exchange partner - she sent this fantastic box full of fun & useful items!

24309938897_aa50126184_z.jpg

I loved the card; the lemon/ginger tea smells great (I'm going to try some out later this evening), there's a big life size bar of goldfish soap (with a lovely orange scent), a sledding snowman decoration, a goldfish pencil sharpener, goldfish necklace, metal goldfish ornament, an amazing goldfish key chain with light up eyes (!), goldfish bath confetti (how neat!), & an algae clip for the real goldies :) I am amazed & thrilled with all of the goldfish things - thank you very much, Helen!

• Like 5

Ok I did it. (I hate to wait for anything.)

My partner was Koko. Got wonderful stuff for my critters and a plate I think she did the art work on herself.  Lovely. Put the bird treats to work weaning my baby budgie. Going to break up the dog treat so everyone gets some Christmas day.  Thank you so much Koko!IMG_1426[1].JPGIMG_1427[1].JPG

Edited by Hidr
  • Like 5

Im so glad you liked. I didn't do that art work saw that at a Cool place me and Justine go to. I thought you would like that :) 

So hard to find goldfish stuff around here :) 

Oh and Justine picked out all the pet stuff for you, she just loves doing that :) 

Since others have been posting I went ahead and opened my package!  From clues on the outside of it, I suspect my Winter Fun Exchange Buddy is Hidr  :gfish:

I received a bunch-o-beads (1 box, 2 strands and 4 packs) that I'll totally use in the jewelry and leather work I do.  I also received a driftwood looking sign that says "Relax" with a fish on it.  It will fit perfectly in my beach house (the beach house that will someday be in my future. ;) ).  gifts.JPG

Thanks for the gifts Hidr!!!  :D 

Also, I checked on the status of the package I sent . . . and it seems my Winter Fun Exchange Buddy - mjfromga - received the package!  How does everything look?  Hope you like it!  :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yup! All arrived just fine. Lovely colorful book, a dog treat that I know tubby will like, and some sort of dog toy I'm not sure how to use yet lol. 

IMG_20171220_233923.jpg

• Like 1

Ooh that book looks nice!

38 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

Yup! All arrived just fine. Lovely colorful book, a dog treat that I know tubby will like, and some sort of dog toy I'm not sure how to use yet lol. 

It's a puzzle feeder!  (in green, cause you said that was your favorite color)  :D

You drop some food in the large hole, shake it down to the bottom.  Your pup can then smell the food through the large hole (and through the small hole on the bottom as well) and then your dog pushes the toy around to make the food shake out.  I remember reading that your dog was overweight, so I though this would help doggy work for some of his food!  lol

The Aqualog All Goldfish And Varieties book is the companion book to the other one we traded for.  I thought you needed the complete set and I know you love Ryukins (and it has some real pretty photos of them in there).  :D

Oh wow. Well thought out and good memory. Nigredo IS indeed a tubby but I've stopped trying to care about his weight. Nothing has worked and I won't starve him. I shall see what he thinks of the toy. Will be hilarious no doubt. 

The book is lovely. Very pretty. 

Cant wait to open mine. Everyones gifts look so cool.

Happy Winter time guys :hug 

Here's a video of Tubby with the toy Acro sent... He is unfortunately too lazy to bother with the toy. I tried again a bit later and still he just looks at it. Refuses to move it at all. I will try rolling it with him looking and see if that maybe gets him into it. 

They make it seem like you just give it to the dog. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Looks like a lovely toy... But so far he's got zero interest. 

Edited by mjfromga
  • Haha 1

On 12/20/2017 at 10:45 AM, koko said:

Im so glad you liked. I didn't do that art work saw that at a Cool place me and Justine go to. I thought you would like that :) 

So hard to find goldfish stuff around here :) 

Oh and Justine picked out all the pet stuff for you, she just loves doing that :) 

Let Justine know everything was perfect and thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjfromga said:

I have a toy a lot like that one. You have to teach them how it works. I put dry dog food in mine and rolled it around myself.  Soon as they figured it out I just stepped back and watch them go.  Only problem is my dogs fight over it.  So most the time I have it put away.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Acro said:

Since others have been posting I went ahead and opened my package!  From clues on the outside of it, I suspect my Winter Fun Exchange Buddy is Hidr  :gfish:

I received a bunch-o-beads (1 box, 2 strands and 4 packs) that I'll totally use in the jewelry and leather work I do.  I also received a driftwood looking sign that says "Relax" with a fish on it.  It will fit perfectly in my beach house (the beach house that will someday be in my future. ;) ).  gifts.JPG

Thanks for the gifts Hidr!!!  :D 

Also, I checked on the status of the package I sent . . . and it seems my Winter Fun Exchange Buddy - mjfromga - received the package!  How does everything look?  Hope you like it!  :D 

Glad you liked them.

31 minutes ago, Hidr said:

Let Justine know everything was perfect and thank you.

I will :) 

Wow, I'm sad I missed out on this this year, the gifts look amazing! If we do it again next year I'll be sure to participate!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mjfromga said:

Here's a video of Tubby with the toy Acro sent... He is unfortunately too lazy to bother with the toy. I tried again a bit later and still he just looks at it. Refuses to move it at all. I will try rolling it with him looking and see if that maybe gets him into it. 

They make it seem like you just give it to the dog. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Looks like a lovely toy... But so far he's got zero interest. 

I've used a few puzzle toys with my cats and here are just a few ideas to help with your pup . . .

Like Hidr suggested, try showing your pup how to use it.  I've taught several cats how to use puzzle toys by showing them what to do (sometimes many times).  Dogs may learn quicker.

Try using the puzzle toy when your dog is very hungry: like in the morning, before giving pup breakfast or when you get home from work and are a few hours late for pups dinner.

Try using it when you are not around (like when you are out for a few hours).  When alone, pets may try harder to get the treat, when you are around (like in the video) they may act lazy, knowing you'll come to the rescue and give them a treat anyways.  They are smart.  :P

Also, try using a dry food, as it will fall out easier and not stick inside.

Either way, good luck!  And if doggy does not use it, maybe fill it with lights and make a modern art sculpture?  :D 

Edited by Acro
  • Haha 1

i have to get reading all the posts in this thread.. and i will do that before the new year. my Christmas gift from my buddy Amanda (FishyMandy) arrived well ahead of time. since we're used to sending things back n forth she and i, well... i stupidly neglected to think that she may be my assigned buddy! so i opened it up when received and ate half the chocolates :rofl

my gift consisted of something i lack in skills myself, but something i treasure a lot, art. Amanda took inspiration from photos i have shared with kokos and on fb of my fish and painted them with great detail and accuracy :heart she even dressed the envelope with her wonderful talent :)

can't seem to upload more than 1 photo and i have 6 photos to share.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Helen said:

can't seem to upload more than 1 photo and i have 6 photos to share.

To the site? It might be to big :o 

I can't wait to see though :)