Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
titch

I've been shopping!

17 posts in this topic

It's been a long time coming, but I finally went fish shopping on Friday :goldfish:

The new arrivals have been separated into 2 groups for QT - choosing how to separate was easy, particularly as 2 of the 'boys' were hassling one of the 'girls' something terrible!

Not the best pics I'm afraid.

Meet the naughty boys. Clint the black oranda and Pip the tiny kirin oranda (I think/hope). Clint is manic - always on the go and never still. Pip is a little more chilled, now he's away from the girls that is. To say he's a little fella, he sure was feisty when it came to finding some good lovin' :teehee

Neither of these guys are happy about being photographed.

Clint

Clint.jpg

Pip

Pip.jpg

And the others - Hector the tiger oranda, (currently) No Name the tiger/calico oranda (and the object of the boys affections) and Terry the tele (who is beyond cute - she's so tiny).

Hector (my husband chose him/her)

Hector.jpg

No Name

IMG_7777.jpg

Terry

Terry.jpg

And here's Piggy waiting patiently for the new arrivals

IMG_7822.jpg

Hopefully QT is uneventful. So far everyone is active and eating well. I plan on starting Fluke Solve in the next day or so - just wanted them all to settle a bit first.

Finally, I'm open to suggestions for naming the tiger/calico oranda. I'm pretty sure she's a she (not 100%), but I'm not at all bothered about gender specific names.

Any ideas?

Edited by titch

I like Clint. Is he all black? 

18 minutes ago, koko said:

I like Clint. Is he all black? 

His belly is a bit lighter, which I quite like. Not sure I’ll get a decent pic of him while he’s in QT I’m afraid. 

6 minutes ago, titch said:

His belly is a bit lighter, which I quite like. Not sure I’ll get a decent pic of him while he’s in QT I’m afraid. 

He might just change color then :teehee 

1 hour ago, koko said:

He might just change color then :teehee 

Fine by me, that’s half the fun! I never take black for granted. 

Ooh i love Terry! Reminds me So much of my chico

1 hour ago, FishyMandy said:

Ooh i love Terry! Reminds me So much of my chico

Ha! I found your years in review post/blog today and I thought that!! Your tank & fish are super lovely. What’s your WC regime on the big tank?

They’re so cuuuuute!

1 hour ago, Arctic Mama said:

They’re so cuuuuute!

Hi Taryl   :hi Hope you & your family are all well.

I hadn't quite realised how small they were until I got them home and saw Piggy in close proximity to them - Heaven knows what they'll think of each other!

The picture of Terry shows him next to a Fluval thermometer. They're about the same size!! HE'S SO TINY!!!!!!

I've circled the same thermometer in the main tank here... :teehee

Picture1.jpg

I plan on starting their Fluke Solve treatment on Friday (a week into the QT). As I'm doing 100% WC everyday (bucket-to-bucket), should I redose the full amount everyday?

Should there be any rest-days during the treatment? What about salt - should this be at 0.3% for the duration? Raised by 0.1% every 12 hours, right?

I think I ought to do a round on the main tank too, just so Piggy is ready for his new friends.

Hi Amy!!!! Congratulations on your new squishy faces!!!! IM so happy for you!!!!  :redbanana:

10 hours ago, DawnMichele said:

Hi Amy!!!! Congratulations on your new squishy faces!!!! IM so happy for you!!!!  :redbanana:

Dawn!!! There you are - I thought you'd abandoned us!!

Woohoo, new fish!!!! :happydance

15 hours ago, titch said:

Dawn!!! There you are - I thought you'd abandoned us!!

Woohoo, new fish!!!! :happydance

Here I am Am Amy!!!! :redbanana: Hope your doing well!!!! IM so happy you finally got your new squishy faces!!! :thumbup2:They are beautiful and my BEST to them!!! 

On 29/11/2017 at 1:34 PM, titch said:

I plan on starting their Fluke Solve treatment on Friday (a week into the QT). As I'm doing 100% WC everyday (bucket-to-bucket), should I redose the full amount everyday?

Should there be any rest-days during the treatment? What about salt - should this be at 0.3% for the duration? Raised by 0.1% every 12 hours, right?

I think I ought to do a round on the main tank too, just so Piggy is ready for his new friends.

With everything going downhill with Terry, I’d put this off, but want to get started now. 

Can someone clarify the above for me please ref. salt, dosing & rest days (doing 100% WC everyday)?

2 hours ago, titch said:

With everything going downhill with Terry, I’d put this off, but want to get started now. 

Can someone clarify the above for me please ref. salt, dosing & rest days (doing 100% WC everyday)?

@Arctic Mama What do you think. I haven't done the Bucket to bucket with Prazi? 

As for salt I would wait on that. Lets see with AM says :) 

I just redoes the full amount in each bucket, each day, for the duration.  If it is Prazipro, not dry praziquantel; then you don’t want to do the salt with it :)

One week on, one week off, for a total of three rounds of treatment altogether (six weeks) is overkill for flukes but a good observation time for other parasites, so that’s my recommendation. 

@titch am is better at the meds, but I would like to suggest the metro as the other fish from the same store died really fast.