Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
titch

New fish from different sources

6 posts in this topic

Out of interest, if I were to buy some new fish from two different places, could I QT them together or would they need to be kept separate?

**I haven't bought any yet, but am planning on doing so in the next week or two. I just want to make sure I get it right**

5 hours ago, titch said:

Out of interest, if I were to buy some new fish from two different places, could I QT them together or would they need to be kept separate?

**I haven't bought any yet, but am planning on doing so in the next week or two. I just want to make sure I get it right**

You sure can if your going to do a prazi round on them :) Thats what I would do :) 

21 minutes ago, koko said:

You sure can if your going to do a prazi round on them :) Thats what I would do :) 

Oh really? Cool. I really expected you to say to keep them separate. 

How soon after getting them should I start  raising the salt level & how long should they be kept at that level before starting Prazi (Fluke Solve in my case)?

Hi Amy!!! Hope your doing well!!! I can't wait to see your new squishy faces!!!! :redbanana:

On 15/11/2017 at 11:27 PM, DawnMichele said:

Hi Amy!!! Hope your doing well!!! I can't wait to see your new squishy faces!!!! :redbanana:

Thanks Dawn. Me too!! :) NEW FISH!! Eeeeeeeeeek!! 

On 15/11/2017 at 10:15 PM, koko said:

Not sure if you saw my question above...

How soon after getting them should I start  raising the salt level & how long should they be kept at that level before starting Prazi (Fluke Solve in my case)?

Hoping to go shopping this week. There are a couple of places I want to visit & I doubt a single place will have all of what I’m looking for - hence the query about QT from different sources. 

Pretty excited!

I’m just doing a WC before adding in my sand & plants. Piggy will go back in tomorrow. Woop!!

Edited by titch

14 hours ago, titch said:

Thanks Dawn. Me too!! :) NEW FISH!! Eeeeeeeeeek!! 

Not sure if you saw my question above...

I only use salt when I have to. If it was me I would do a Prazi round see how they are doing after that. If you see more issues then I would use salt. Thats just me. :) 

A good Prazi round should kill mostly everything unless your seeing Ich :o 

14 hours ago, titch said:

Hoping to go shopping this week. There are a couple of places I want to visit & I doubt a single place will have all of what I’m looking for - hence the query about QT from different sources. 

Pretty excited!

I’m just doing a WC before adding in my sand & plants. Piggy will go back in tomorrow. Woop!!

:)