YesseGriffen

Goldfish hanging on the bottom?

2 posts in this topic

Recently my goldfish has been staying around in the bottom of the tank. I just did a water change and added in a new filter thinking it was ammonia poisoning or something, but nope my ammonia is almost perfect. I was also thinking I was overfeeding, about a week ago I did accidentally add a lot more food than I usually do, so today I have thrown in peas and hoping he will eat sometime.  I was also thinking because a week ago I have been making a lot of noise in my room working on stuff and he may still be stressed out by it. Lastly maybe because I waited a little bit longer on my water change and did it in 3 weeks besides 2. But I don't know what is going on, if I move my net in the tank he moves and tries to get away from it. What I have in the 20g tank - I goldfish Narrow leaf Anacharis and some rocks. I am just trying to give as much info as I can, may someone help, and tell me if I need to do anything or just wait it out. *Btw* He has not lost color or anything in scales, looks healthy just sits at the bottom of the tank.

Please copy & paste the following form and fill it out to the best of your ability when requesting help for Goldfish Problems.  If copy and paste doesn't work for you, just quote this post.  In either case , please type your answers after each question.

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank)
    • * Nitrate level(Tank)
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap)
    • * Nitrate level(Tap)
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?
      • * Water temperature?
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?
      • * How often do you change the water and how much?
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size?
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners?
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often?
  • * Any new fish added to the tank?
  • * Any medications added to the tank?
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?