Kokos Goldfish Forum

Hi everyone...  I just got a new to me tank.  It is 48 x 18 x 12. I think that makes it a 45 gallon.  I have 3 medium/large and 1 small oranda and 1 med/large and one small broadtail Moore.  That is 4 med to large and three small.  Do you think this is too much for this tank.  I have one (204...forget the name) canister filter, two 30 gallon hob and two sponge filters.

thats a strange shape tank :o 

That makes it a 55.  Deeper than ideal and with little space for a inflexible mature fancy goldfish to turn around.  It's big enough for two goldfish, but a 40B is much better choice.

You can have 2 full grown fish easily. 

I would recommend a bare bottom for the tank to ensure you have the maximum volume of water and allow you to siphon waste easily .  Also no large decoration that might make it hard for your fish to turn around.  

If you are diligent with water changes, that is weekly 50%, and manage your filter media waste regularly then you can increase the # of fish to 3. 

4 adult fish with that tank dimension feels a bit to crowded.