Justintime

55 gallon project

17 posts in this topic

So I replumb my dads old 55 gallon tank after a mishap before I went to pick it up so I cleaned it had too re do the plumbing resilicon the bulk heads fit my filter lines for one filter and add the inline heater wash rinse wash rinse so now I’m adding the plates for under gravel filter that will be powered by one of two canister filters I’ll be running on this tank now I’m deciding weather or not to run air through the regulator in a 3rd hole drilled in the bottom I mean it’s already there and I have all the stuff so why not right 

6E82B03A-CCAD-4989-8E95-6B7121EF7344.jpeg

Tomarrow will be fun it’s like Christmas been buying and storing things I needed for this for awhile now oh and I’m pulling one out for all of us older heads I’m using a supreme duramaster for my air pump I know danner still makes equipment for aquarium/ponds but remember these built right

WOW thats just a lot of work. I sure hope it all works out. Cant wait to see it :thumbs: 

7 hours ago, koko said:

WOW thats just a lot of work. I sure hope it all works out. Cant wait to see it :thumbs: 

Me too

6 hours ago, Justintime said:

Me too

In the middle of fish tank musical chairs now 

The fish have been in the 55gal for alittle better than an hour and are loving it but the seachem Flourite is makinthe water cloudy

94607640-23A5-4A6F-89A6-447BA141DF53.jpeg

That should clear up in time . . . or at least after a few water changes.  ;)

Looks great!  What's your plant list?

Well I woke up this morning and the water is really clear not crystal clear but it’s looking really good and my fish are back to normal little pigs 

14 hours ago, Acro said:

That should clear up in time . . . or at least after a few water changes.  ;)

Looks great!  What's your plant list?

Well let’s see here I have wisteria,Amazon sword, star moss,java moss, moss ball, Amazon fern, and a few I don’t remember the names of I bought them before I started keeping a log of everything that goes into or out of or done too the tank mabe you could tell me here are some pictures 

Wont let me post pictures right now for some reason 

3 hours ago, Justintime said:

Wont let me post pictures right now for some reason 

What are you on? phone, iPad . Ect.

Is that log new? 

3 hours ago, koko said:

What are you on? phone, iPad . Ect.

Is that log new? 

I’m on my I phone and no my dad and I built it when I was a kid it’s been at my brothers for years if I were gonna buy one I probably would have gotten a 75 or bigger I’ve seen them pretty cheap with stands

18 hours ago, Justintime said:

I’m on my I phone and no my dad and I built it when I was a kid it’s been at my brothers for years if I were gonna buy one I probably would have gotten a 75 or bigger I’ve seen them pretty cheap with stands

hummm if your using the forum theam it should work. are you using tapatalk?

Happy thanksgiving everyone! It’s been about two weeks since I changed over to my 55 gallon tank and the fish and plants are loving it water has stayed in its perimeters and is crystal clear , I’m doing 10 gallon w/c every couple days about 30 gallons a week, and I had to remove my favorite rock cause my fish were running into it during feeding time and I got nervous they would hurt themselves