koko

Fun Day Water Change

14 posts in this topic

So Justine is at school and TD and I are cleaning house. I tell him to watch the Fish tank (drain and fill) as I vacuum  the house. I see the tank is close to being filled as I go to the bed room to vaccum the floor. I then get done and turn to see the tank just over flowing with water, like a waterfall in a pond. I don't have a pond :yikes I yell for TD as I shut off the water and try to clean it up. 

Now I got a wet tank and floor. So the idea was a while a go to move it to the kitchen. Now I trying to figure out if I want to just move the 36 gallon bow front or just go and get the 40b and then a stand. I have always wanted the 40B but its the stand price I hate. I don't have to time build one and I don't want the metal one as I have had that for my 55 and it broke one tank. So wood it would have to be or just move my bow tank :( 

Any way that was my day :rofl 

Aw no! Ive overflowed my tanks before, not fun!

I vote for getting the 40B

8 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Aw no! Ive overflowed my tanks before, not fun!

I vote for getting the 40B

:teehee

well I got it..the 40B is sitting here ready to be put together :) 

Yay. Can't wait to see.

20171110_105908.jpg

Okay you know setting up tanks is never easy. I have never had a tank where everything just goes as planned. This tank is no exception intact I think it was and is the hardest one I have set up.

So the stand a PETA. But the lid was the worst. See the glass lid I got that said it fit a 40B didn't, it was 1/8" to long. I was like Really this can't be happening, on top of that the new 40B don't have a center brace. So With cats jumping on the tank I had to think. So While I was at Petco I saw the Reptial lid so I pick it up. And Im very glad I did as We are using that with a piece of the glass lid that doesn't fit right. I will get you guys photos. 

TD did a darn good DIY job on this tank :thumbs: 

Congratulations on your new tank!!!!  :redbanana:

20171111_170953.jpg

20171111_172133.jpg

20171111_172140.jpg

it looks great! fish look happy!

2 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

it looks great! fish look happy!

They where scared at first cause more activity in the kitchen plus Bob jumping up on it. They are much happier now. The only thing that worries me is that the Reptile lid make a popping noise when you open it. Im just worried that it might make stress on the tank it self :o