mjfromga

Is Feesh??

115 posts in this topic

Sounds good!

• Like 1

Axe is yours BTW. Tercey I just got recently here is SO MUCH better to me. I can't stand crappy Ryukin shape unless calico. 
IMG_20171125_125901_kindlephoto-49234792.thumb.jpg.04b3810a33d98e075d41acb2b09e8837.jpg
Did you get that ryukin from the breeder on this forum? It looks very similar to the one I just got from here!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, John_Ranchu said:

Did you get that ryukin from the breeder on this forum? It looks very similar to the one I just got from here!

He's on GFK forum, not this one. I am the same person you spoke to about the fish over there. So yes of course that's where I got him. The all white one is my favorite. Super cute. 

He's on GFK forum, not this one. I am the same person you spoke to about the fish over there. So yes of course that's where I got him. The all white one is my favorite. Super cute. 
Oh oops! I sometimes get these forums confused as I use them interchangeably! Thought you were a different person!

2 hours ago, John_Ranchu said:

Oh oops! I sometimes get these forums confused as I use them interchangeably! Thought you were a different person!

:teehee

Hope everything goes well with the shipping and the Goldfish arrive safe!!!  :thumbup2:

• Like 1

I’m excited!  Monday is coming slooooowly :happydance

2 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

I’m excited!  Monday is coming slooooowly :happydance

Me too :teehee 

7 minutes ago, koko said:

Me too :teehee 

Me three!!! 

12 minutes ago, DawnMichele said:

Me three!!! 

Justine 4 :rofl 

2 minutes ago, koko said:

Justine 4 :rofl 

Liliana 5!!! :redbanana:

Edited by DawnMichele
  • Like 1

I already have the bags and none of the fish are being fed the entire week as it's going to be below 50 all week. Patiska is the largest and he's just a 3" 45 gram shrimp so I don't need a huge box. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DawnMichele said:

Liliana 5!!! :redbanana:

Bob makes 6 :lol 

1 hour ago, mjfromga said:

I already have the bags and none of the fish are being fed the entire week as it's going to be below 50 all week. Patiska is the largest and he's just a 3" 45 gram shrimp so I don't need a huge box. 

Oh I can't wait to see this happen :panana 

• Like 1

I'm so worried they'll die. I sure hope not. If they do, I will try again. I will get the hang of it. 

Awe, don’t worry.  Cold isn’t an issue for goldfish nearly so much as heat.  And the cold will actually make it more likely they’d make it in bags, because of their slower metabolism.  It would take sustained temperatures well below freezing to freeze the bags solid and kill the fish.  Even up in Alaska there were plenty of koi and goldfish ponds that overwintered with a small heater.  I think it will be FINE, especially since they won’t even be outside long.

You could always add a warm pack to the box too, they’re good for quite awhile :)

Edited by Arctic Mama
  • Like 1

I don't think the cold will kill them, if it will... Then they won't make it to be shipped because there's a freeze coming through and they're staying outside. I'm more worried about them suffocating or something silly happening. Regardless, I shall ship them and we shall see. 

Hi Myra!!! IM sure everything will be fine!!!

Thanks Dawn. I hope so. I REALLY need good homes for them and I know Taryl is a lovely person and good fish keeper. Hopefully all goes well. 

• Like 1

One thing Taryl... These fish are used to a pH of 8.6 - 9. This is atypical and I just figured to warn you in case there are some steps you wanted to take. Dropping them into a pH of say... 7.2 may not be such a good idea. 

• Haha 1

Actually here in Dayton our pH is 8.4 or so, 8.6 in the place we are moving in January.  It’s also hard as a rock :lol:

Our water is surprisingly similar these days. The goldfish have been SO happy.

Edited by Arctic Mama
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mjfromga said:

Thanks Dawn. I hope so. I REALLY need good homes for them and I know Taryl is a lovely person and good fish keeper. Hopefully all goes well. 

They couldn't be going to a nicer person!!! Taryl will take the BEST care of them!!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Actually here in Dayton our pH is 8.4 or so, 8.6 in the place we are moving in January.  It’s also hard as a rock :lol:

Our water is surprisingly similar these days. The goldfish have been SO happy.

The water here is actually soft as a pillow. The pH is just sky high. It registers KH 1 or 2 drops. Never more. GH is the same way. But glad it's close. 

Oh THAT was why you were interested in wonder shells.  Gotcha!  Yeah we installed a water softener for the house but run their water out of the hose because they have been thriving in the hard and alkaline.  I still tend to do drip acclimation just in case though, and even though you may be about the only person whose stock j wouldn’t quarantine just on principle I wanted to give them some de-stressing time alone before they go into the big tank.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2017 at 8:06 PM, Arctic Mama said:

Oh THAT was why you were interested in wonder shells.  Gotcha!  Yeah we installed a water softener for the house but run their water out of the hose because they have been thriving in the hard and alkaline.  I still tend to do drip acclimation just in case though, and even though you may be about the only person whose stock j wouldn’t quarantine just on principle I wanted to give them some de-stressing time alone before they go into the big tank.

Yeah the water here sucks major... Wonder shells cost too much to be helpful. The fish are all outside now and there's no way. I have to work around it. 

Okay so tomorrow is the big day! I just checked the pond. Very cold but all the fish are alive and doing decently. A few of the girls have mild buoyancy issues which is typical of fish not used to such cold but nothing severe. Your boys are all totally fine. They're pretty tough boys.

I haven't given them Prazi in a bit as I had run out and had some medical stuff that came first and now I can't do it in the cold water so I do suggest giving them a QT and Prazi. Some of the Orandas have that white crap on their heads and this usually means it's Prazi time. 

I have a Priority Mail Large box that I should be able to use for two day. Will cost whatever the two day costs now... Which IDK exactly off the top of my head since I never use that service. The fish haven't been fed anything in ages since its been cold and I doubt they've been eating anything out there (algae etc) much either. Shouldn't be much waste. I see some huge turds in there but those are no doubt Asteroid or maybe another big smelly fish, not your smallish boys. 

I kinda have my packaging strategy and I know it's roughly 1/3 water and 2/3 air. We shall see. 

Kinda sad to see them all slow and mopey. It isn't usually this cold here, especially not this early. NASTY. 

Sounds good, I’ll run them through some Prazi, my tank just did a round too.  The cold definitely slows their metabolisms and makes them a bit mopey, I’d expect that.

Just remember when you bag them to cover them with water and leave the rest as room air, we should be fine that way.  I’ll message you the email address to send me an invoice for the shipping fees and such :)  

I have confidence you can do this and do it safely, they’ll be fine!