koko

Fluval Bug Bites

14 posts in this topic

I found some new Goldfish food thought I would try it out :)

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

Was it yummy???  :teehee

19 hours ago, DawnMichele said:

Was it yummy???  :teehee

They just love it. I mean who wouldn't love bug food :teehee 

Black soldier fly larvae are often sold as a high calcium source for reptiles/amphibians.  Glad to see they made it into fish food.  I'm sure it would be good for snails too.

I saw this on DFS. It costs too much lol. Seems all fish food costs too much for me these days. Darn school of fish! 

Dried soldier fly larva is readily available on Amazon.  I wonder if that is viable option as opposed to buying the fluval brand.

6 hours ago, ryzilla said:

Dried soldier fly larva is readily available on Amazon.  I wonder if that is viable option as opposed to buying the fluval brand.

Some one would have to try it :teehee 

I feed these as well, the fish love them. I wish they sold the granules in bigger bags. The goldfish pellets they sell in the bags are massive and don’t sink well at all but the granules are perfect!

My fish love this too but it makes the floaty ones miserable. I think there’s als black soldier fly larva in Repashy Soylenr Green. That doesn’t make them as floaty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, happysnapper said:

My fish love this too but it makes the floaty ones miserable. I think there’s als black soldier fly larva in Repashy Soylenr Green. That doesn’t make them as floaty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats interesting. Mine dont get floaty at all :) when I used Gel foods my fish seem to be more floaty than with pellets :)

I feed these as well, the fish love them. I wish they sold the granules in bigger bags. The goldfish pellets they sell in the bags are massive and don’t sink well at all but the granules are perfect!
I got the goldfish pellets too and didnt like the floating aspect. They seemed to end up stuck to my filter tubes going mouldy. But I tried crushing them up a bit and it worked. The crushed bits sunk right away and my big goldfish loved them!

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Thats interesting. Mine dont get floaty at all when I used Gel foods my fish seem to be more floaty than with pellets
Floaty? What does that mean?

• Haha 1

fluval-bug-bites-color-enhancing-formula-for-medium-large-fish.thumb.jpg.b4bb544ca4d3056ee404dd87e4e66bf1.jpg

I also feed this formula to my little ones for the higher protein content which they love as well. I have not had any floaty issues with either one.

Ingredients:
Black soldier fly larvae, salmon, fish protein concentrate, wheat, potato, shrimp meal, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, DL-methionine, lecithin, choline chloride, L-lysine, vitamin E supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium L-ascorbyl-2-monophosphate, calendula, zinc oxide, manganous oxide, calcium pantothenate, vitamin B12 supplement, beta-carotene, rosemary extract, riboflavin, copper sulfate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, inositol, folic acid, vitamin A supplement, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, vitamin D3 supplement.

Guaranteed Analysis:

• Crude protein (min) 45.0%
  • Crude fat (min) 12.5%
  • Crude fiber (max) 5.0%
  • Moisture (max) 10.0%
  • L-Lysine (min) 2.5%
  • DL-Methionine (min) 1.1%
  • Calcium (min) 1.5%
  • Phosphorus (min) 0.8%
  • Vitamin A (min) 2500 IU/kg
  • Vitamin D3 (min) 600 IU/kg
  • Vitamin E (min) 75 IU/kg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vimandvigrrrpet said:

I got the goldfish pellets too and didnt like the floating aspect. They seemed to end up stuck to my filter tubes going mouldy. But I tried crushing them up a bit and it worked. The crushed bits sunk right away and my big goldfish loved them!

Thats why I turn off my filters :P

• Like 1