Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
cata.ibarburu

PLEASEE HELP!!

15 posts in this topic

For a few months, my little oranda goldfish has been tending to float with its tail upwards (but not upside down). I researched and talked to my lps and i treated the tank, which is of 15 gallons and has another completely healthy goldfish in it, with ichthyomedik for the ich and parasites, three tablespoons of salt and put them at 24ºC but absolutely nothing has worked, no matter how many times i treated it. It had had ich but the treatment cured ir a long time ago.

THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART!
A week ago, the dorsal fin of my goldfish started to get clamped, he continued floating at the top of the tank and started to dart and scratch against the gravel. Today, i noticed missing scales and one that appeared to be bleeding? Is it a parasite? Ich?

The level of ammonia is almost 0, i have no plants and the pH of my local tap water is neutral, i obvs treat the water for chlorine and make 50% water changes weekly as im slightly overstocked...

Please if you have anything to help me respond!!

This is a photo of today
489056f6be48ced20c5cba0254b679c5.jpg

And this is how he floats
c52e8764f600ccb787fe06469ae57012.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sorry, I have had fish do that too and oftentimes it is an infection or swim bladder damage.  With the clamping and how his sides look (a little emaciated) I’m leaning toward parasites or infection. Can you pleas fill out this form completely so we can see all the data we need?  Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this and help you out :)

Disease Diagnostic Form

Test Results for the Following:

* Ammonia Level(Tank)

* Nitrite Level(Tank)

* Nitrate level(Tank)

* Ammonia Level(Tap)

* Nitrite Level(Tap)

* Nitrate level(Tap)

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?

* Water temperature?

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?

* How often do you change the water and how much?

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?

* How many fish in the tank and their size?

* What kind of water additives or conditioners?

* What do you feed your fish and how often?

* Any new fish added to the tank?

* Any medications added to the tank?

* How long have symptoms been going on?

Edited by Arctic Mama

I’m sorry, I have had fish do that too and oftentimes it is an infection or swim bladder damage.  With the clamping and how his sides look (a little emaciated) I’m leaning toward parasites or infection. Can you pleas fill out this form completely so we can see all the data we need?  Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this and help you out

Disease Diagnostic Form

* Ammonia Level(Tank) 0.1 mg/l

* Nitrite Level(Tank) 0.0 ppm

* Nitrate level(Tank) : 13 ppm

* Ammonia Level(Tap): less than 1.5 mg/l (here in uruguay they dont release the exact data of the water parameters)

* Nitrite Level(Tap): less than 3 mg/l

* Nitrate level(Tap) less than 50 mg/l

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) i dont have the equipment

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.5

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? The brand is sera and it is in drops

* Water temperature? 24°C with the treatment

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 15gal and 8 months

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? RS electrical’s internal filter of 450 L/h

* How often do you change the water and how much? Once a week and 50%

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 3

* How many fish in the tank and their size? 2 of 7cm with tail

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Conditioner for chlorine and chloramine

* What do you feed your fish and how often? Small pellets, 6 each

* Any new fish added to the tank? Nou

* Any medications added to the tank? Ichthyomedik and salt

* How long have symptoms been going on? 5 months more or less

I’m sorry, I have had fish do that too and oftentimes it is an infection or swim bladder damage.  With the clamping and how his sides look (a little emaciated) I’m leaning toward parasites or infection. Can you pleas fill out this form completely so we can see all the data we need?  Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this and help you out

Disease Diagnostic Form

* Ammonia Level(Tank)

* Nitrite Level(Tank)

* Nitrate level(Tank)

* Ammonia Level(Tap)

* Nitrite Level(Tap)

* Nitrate level(Tap)

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?

* Water temperature?

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?

* How often do you change the water and how much?

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?

* How many fish in the tank and their size?

* What kind of water additives or conditioners?

* What do you feed your fish and how often?

* Any new fish added to the tank?

* Any medications added to the tank?

* How long have symptoms been going on?

Thanks for the effort to helpp i appreciate

Welcome to Kokos and hope your Goldfish feels better.

Without the information on the form, we can do nothing to help you.  We don't guess.

Without the information on the form, we can do nothing to help you.  We don't guess.

I answered somewhere to the formulary but im new here and still dont catch how the site works, I think i answered the formulary by editing artic mama’s post??

18 minutes ago, cata.ibarburu said:

I answered somewhere to the formulary but im new here and still dont catch how the site works, I think i answered the formulary by editing artic mama’s post??

You did.

23 minutes ago, shakaho said:

She did answer it Sharon.

Disease Diagnostic Form

* Ammonia Level(Tap): less than 1.5 mg/l (here in uruguay they dont release the exact data of the water parameters) 

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) i dont have the equipment 

Can you please test the ph in the tank. Ph levels are important to the tank :) 

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? The brand is sera and it is in drops 

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 15gal and 8 months 

15 gallons really isn't big enough for one goldfish. Goldfish need 20 gallons per fish to be healthy and happy :) 

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? RS electrical’s internal filter of 450 L/h 

Internal filters are not good for goldfish either, They don't clean out the water good enough for them. HOB and Canisters are the best choice :) 

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Conditioner for chlorine and chloramine

In the first photo is that where the fish is living now? 

Disease Diagnostic Form

Can you please test the ph in the tank. Ph levels are important to the tank  

Other Required Info:

15 gallons really isn't big enough for one goldfish. Goldfish need 20 gallons per fish to be healthy and happy  

Internal filters are not good for goldfish either, They don't clean out the water good enough for them. HOB and Canisters are the best choice  

In the first photo is that where the fish is living now? 

Sure i will check the pH as soon as i get the test! In my city we are lacking of decent pet stores that administrate good test kits but i know if i do my research i will find one with a test for pH and answer as soon as i can.

When i bought the tank i was super misinformed so i didnt know the tank was so small for the two goldfish. For now i will keep this tank until they grow a little and can afford a proper one.

About the filter i dont know if im able to afford another one, although i know an internal one is not so good i know it is not causing any trouble. Also, you would not believe how terrible the pet stores are here! I believe this is the best they have...

If the first photo is the one that shows a filter and the gravel, yes, it is my current tank. The second photo was my hospital tank for the treatment (which clearly didnt work).

Okay well lets first get everything out of the tank but the water, fish and filters. When you add rocks and such to the tank it actually makes the water volume smaller :( I would if you can look on Craiglist for tanks :)

Also for used filters. Also you can use rubbermaid totes  as fish tanks too :thumbs: 

Koko, she's in Uruguay.  We really should require people to give their location. 

From what I read, she didn't test her tap water but got figures from the water supplier, which are useless.

5 hours ago, shakaho said:

Koko, she's in Uruguay.  We really should require people to give their location. 

She's on Tapatalk I can't control that part :( 

5 hours ago, shakaho said:

From what I read, she didn't test her tap water but got figures from the water supplier, which are useless.

I just re read it and your right.

We do need you to actually test your tank water. Its important to have a test kit. With out one we can't tell what is really going on here :( 

You could order one on line if you need to :) 

I just re read it and your right.
We do need you to actually test your tank water. Its important to have a test kit. With out one we can't tell what is really going on here  
You could order one on line if you need to  

I just found out my uncle is traveling to the US on sunday, so im looking for an appropriate filter in amazon to send it to his hotel. Im just hoping he does not break it on the journey. About my oranda, he is getting better after having changed the water by a 75% and treating him with the ichthyomedik, though he is still floats from time to time...