Sign in to follow this  
shellbell4ever

Dead spaces in tank

15 posts in this topic

Hey all I know it's been forever but raising my grand babies turns out to be quite the challenge in my old age lol, 

But I do have a question and need some guidance in the fact I am noticing some poops sitting on the bottom of the tank in between cleaning days, and was wondering what to use to boost movement on the bottom of the tank, any suggestions appreciated :)

Also was wondering if pH changes will affect goldfish coloring at all, my pH rises after time, and if I lag on the w/c I'm seeing some orange/gold coloring on one of my Moor's (I have 3 in a 55 gallon) 

Thanks for any input :)

I have grandbabies too! Love 'em to pieces but after a fun visit with them I OFTEN (more likely EVERY TIME) take a nap!!  They wear me out!

I think people our age that have babies themselves are nuts!!!  LOL!!! I'd be exhausted ALL THE TIME!!  LOL!!!!!!!

Edited by Jeana727
fix something

On October 4, 2017 at 1:53 PM, shellbell4ever said:

Hey all I know it's been forever but raising my grand babies turns out to be quite the challenge in my old age lol, 

I feel your pain :hug 

But I do have a question and need some guidance in the fact I am noticing some poops sitting on the bottom of the tank in between cleaning days, and was wondering what to use to boost movement on the bottom of the tank, any suggestions appreciated :)

How big is your tank? I use a splitter on my sponge filter so it goes in two directions to help keep the floor clean :) 

Also was wondering if pH changes will affect goldfish coloring at all, my pH rises after time, and if I lag on the w/c I'm seeing some orange/gold coloring on one of my Moor's (I have 3 in a 55 gallon) 

Thanks for any input :)

It could but more likely it would be the food :) 

If dead spaces are a big issue a few powerheads can really help.  I use them to push stuff in my tank toward the filter intake and keep things flowing :)

Ok powered was the thing I couldn't remember, how are they used and do you have any recommendations? 

My tank is a 55 gallon with 3 black Moor's and a bristle mouth pleco with 2 aqua clear 70's

2/weekly w/c around 75%

PH 7,8-8,0 :(

I consider a dead spot in the tank a real gift.  It doesn't take 5 minutes to siphon the poop from a small area on the bottom of the tank.  It takes much longer to clean it from the filter.

12 minutes ago, shakaho said:

I consider a dead spot in the tank a real gift.  It doesn't take 5 minutes to siphon the poop from a small area on the bottom of the tank.  It takes much longer to clean it from the filter.

:lol true but I don't like to look at green floating swirling poop at the bottom :rofl 

Then siphon it out. :uwelcome

3 hours ago, shakaho said:

Then siphon it out. :uwelcome

But that would mean sticking my hand in there :rofl 

If I add a sponge filter will it bump my cycle? Maybe just a air stone will help?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, shellbell4ever said:

If I add a sponge filter will it bump my cycle? Maybe just a air stone will help?

It would help your cycle :) its just another filtration :) 

Just a quick update, I added a huge disk air stone today while I was doing my w/c and hopefully it will help move the poops off the floor... Here's a snap of my w/c Chem tests the first vile is tap ph

Tap ph-ph-high ph-ammonia-nitrite-nitratee40d86b1b285cbed712949ce86b427d7.jpg

On 10/15/2017 at 4:07 PM, shellbell4ever said:

If I add a sponge filter will it bump my cycle? Maybe just a air stone will help

Adding a filter will only cause a bump if you also removed your old filter.

45 minutes ago, shakaho said:

Adding a filter will only cause a bump if you also removed your old filter.

:thumbup2: