Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Shahbazin

Chase and Dash

4 posts in this topic

Our family has always had dogs - until July 2nd, 2016, when our old Anatolian Shepherd, Ruh, passed away. I wasn't sure I was ready for another dog, as it was really hard losing him - but our kids really missed our old fellow too, & hoped we'd get dogs again. We'd been looking into a smaller breed for the kids for a couple of years, & a friend messaged me in late June about a couple of that breed who were available - long story short, we brought the 2 Silken Windhound boys home on July 1st. Chase (the dark brindle) turned 1 year old in August, & is very outgoing, & not quite over the "chewy" stage - don't leave flip flop sandals outside the back door! Dash (black & white) is 2 years old, likes our kids (but thinks other peoples' kids are scary) & tends to follow me around like a little shadow. They came from the same home, a breeder who is re-homing some of her dogs after she had a hospital stay & some health issues earlier this summer. The dogs are both used to cats & get along fine with our cat, & have the basics of manners, housebroken, leash trained, etc. Silkens have been around as a breed since 1985, & were developed from whippets and borzoi - so they are sort of like a very small (Dash is 39 lbs & Chase, 44 lbs) borzoi. Both dogs are real sweethearts, & we're so happy to have added them to our family! :)

37409616222_830e85e820.jpg 

23588764378_2f70a6b35e.jpg 

37192342011_2dcc0a57d9.jpg 

They are beautiful! I love the fluffy tails!

They are gorgeous!!!! I LOVE dog's!!!!

WOW. I really like them. They look like they would be so much fun to play with :)