mjfromga

Walmart Betta

37 posts in this topic

Amazing how much personality shows once you get them out of those tiny cups!

It looks like he is waving :hi to you :rofl

I finally did get annoyed at all the brown stuff and cleaned it. He seems to like it. And I said 2007 but of course meant 2017. He was super tiny when I got him, he's now sorta big (by betta standards).

He 's beautiful Myra!! LOVE his colors!!!

• Like 1

Thanks a ton Dawn. He's my little buddy. 

Hes so handsome. I miss my betta's but no time for one :) 

I did not have to make the decision of putting Novae down. I didn't see him all day and when I did an in depth search, I found him asleep on his side... Except this time he didn't wake up. I'm not sure what was wrong with him but I couldn't cure it and it was really no way for him to live anyway. He never once stopped eating and though it was obvious something was wrong, I don't know what it was. 

I did not have to make the decision of putting Novae down. I didn't see him all day and when I did an in depth search, I found him asleep on his side... Except this time he didn't wake up. I'm not sure what was wrong with him but I couldn't cure it and it was really no way for him to live anyway. He never once stopped eating and though it was obvious something was wrong, I don't know what it was. 
I'm so sorry :hug:

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

So Sorry Myra :(

My last Betta, Roscoe, went down hill very quickly. One day he was fine, the next he was just laying on the bottom, wouldn't eat but was alive, and the next he was gone. It's really awful when you can't do anything to help them

IM so sorry for your loss Myra. :hug RIP Novae.

Im really sorry :hug 

Posted (edited)

Thanks everyone. I had him almost a year. I had hoped he would live longer but I guess not. Not sure what I could have done differently. I am not sure if I want another one yet. I don't even have a lid anymore for that tank as it broke a while ago. Novae couldn't jump but another Betta might. 

Edited by mjfromga