mjfromga

Walmart Betta

27 posts in this topic

Went to Walmart. Did a grand job of not getting a goldfish. Waiting for show. Might find pretty fish. But I saw a sad little dude. He was bottom sitting and listing to the side a bit. But when I came up to him he said HI! I ended up getting him. I already love him and want to care for him well. I've never had a Betta and not too well versed on them. Surprisingly, he perked up a ton while floating in his cup and then released. His name is Novae (NO - VAH - YAY)

IMG_20170901_125213.jpg

IMG_20170901_125154.jpg

Thanks ladies. Maybe I can keep him healthy. He was the smallest one there. Not a happy looking guy but much better now! 

Very nice. Gratz on your new betta.

I really like him. Very nice colors and he looks young too :thumbs: 

He's doing pretty well. Definitely coming out of his shell. He was the smallest Betta by far so makes sense that he is young. I really like this little man. 

He sure looks very happy :) You got some really nice places for him to rest on :) 

He's hard to photograph, much harder than goldies. I'll have to get out my camera and try again. Everything came out POTATO quality on my phone. I put another thermometer beside the digital one just to make sure the temps matched to ensure his tank stays the right temp. Crushed up some of the goldies treats to feed him too. He liked those. 

IMG_20170903_152115.jpg

2 hours ago, mjfromga said:

He's hard to photograph, much harder than goldies. I'll have to get out my camera and try again. Everything came out POTATO quality on my phone.

I had the same issue when we had our betta, just to hard move to fast :rofl 

He's beautiful. I always find bettas a lot harder to photograph than my goldies too

I can't get any photos of him... But boy is he cute. I think he's trying to learn how to flare. He's clearly a baby because he was so wee. Omg it's adorable. Look at his little pectorals waggle

He's going to get you :rofl 

Cute little dude has quite the personality. Can't get any photos. Too shrimp and when I point the camera and get ready to take one, he moves and BLUR. 

Thanks. What a fun little thing to own. Can't find my siphon... Needs a water change. 

Here he is today. Moved him to a non leaky tank and up into my room. He's doing just fine. Little monster he is. His fins really are too heavy for him but he manages. 

He looks so happy in there. :thumbs: 

Here he is today. His tank has some diatoms... Mostly on his bowl. I have cleaned it (note how it's crooked) but it keeps returning... I want to remove the bowl entirely but Novae still loves it so I just left the grimy thing. 

Edited by mjfromga