Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mjfromga

We are so much alike...

And yet so different. I love how different goldfish can be. Here is Ulliri the short tailed Ryukin (male) and Asteroid the Comet mix (female). Eat the same foods, live in the same environment, and do equally well whilst looking so different.. 

He does adore her and tends to follow her all over. I got lucky enough that Asteroid is a female comet so there's no nasty beat downs during spawns. 

large.IMG_20170829_144510.jpg.bf8f7118d021da6ecfe7a135a91dbccf.jpg

IMG_20170829_135554.jpg

They are both stunning. I love how big Asteroid has gotten, Sometimes I wish my fish would get such fast growth but as long as they are healthy thats what matters

Awww.  That's so sweet.  I love goldfish friendships.  

5 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

They are both stunning. I love how big Asteroid has gotten, Sometimes I wish my fish would get such fast growth but as long as they are healthy thats what matters

Thanks a lot. But I don't grow them fast. I'm very careful to not overfeed.

She was the largest "feeder" fish in the tank when I got her and I think she's just got some big genetics. Only she has grown this fast. The others have not. It's just her. 

She is over 5" standard length now and weighs 71 grams. I've never had a regular goldfish before so I thought this was kinda typical lol. 

Very vibrate color.  Thank you for sharing.

Beautiful colors!!!!

My comets still grow quite slow lol. She is almost the size that my Tiger was when he passed away, he was 8 years old lol. 

I didn't mean to imply that you overfeed or anything, just jealous of the super growth she has lol

44 minutes ago, FishyMandy said:

My comets still grow quite slow lol. She is almost the size that my Tiger was when he passed away, he was 8 years old lol. 

I didn't mean to imply that you overfeed or anything, just jealous of the super growth she has lol

She's very silly. She is hard to catch. She eats EVERYTHING, including my lily pads. She outgrows all my sweet little fancy babies. You're an awesome fish keeper. Honestly you could have her if you lived close enough. She's a messpot lol. 

As thats sweet of you.

Comets are very hard to catch lol