Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Hidr

Can I switch to the old format?

73 posts in this topic

I miss this place but the new format makes it look like no one is posting.  Can I revert to the old format?

No, Unfortunately :( The lack of posts isn't anything to do with the new format though, it's just been quite slow here lately, sadly. 

Edited by FishyMandy

The lack of posts I believe does have something to do with it. The forum began dying off when the format changed without notice. Nobody likes it, even the people who still post regularly don't like it. But there's nothing that can be done about it now. 

Hidr unfortunately nobody is really posting. It's not that the format makes it look that way. It just is that way. 

Yea that's what I was trying to say, you found the wording that I couldn't lol. 

Unfortunately Koko was forced to 'upgrade' the forum and this layout was the result.

The change of format definitely chased people away.  I couldn't figure most of it out for at least a month, and I still haven't become comfortable with it.

Well that is not good.

8 hours ago, mjfromga said:

The lack of posts I believe does have something to do with it. The forum began dying off when the format changed without notice. Nobody likes it, even the people who still post regularly don't like it. But there's nothing that can be done about it now. 

Hidr unfortunately nobody is really posting. It's not that the format makes it look that way. It just is that way. 

It does take some time to get used to. Yup Invision made me change to this. I do hope ppl will at least try to post and work on how its running now. I know its not fun when things change :( 

3 hours ago, shakaho said:

The change of format definitely chased people away.  I couldn't figure most of it out for at least a month, and I still haven't become comfortable with it.

Im not very comfy with it either, but Im willing to learn new things all the time. I think this is about the 10 version of this forum. It is always changing :o 

Plus if you guys ever need help with how something works just make a thread and I will be more than happy to help you or TD :) 

Its not that it just does not feel right.  No matter how use to I get it just not oh I don't know it just not right. lol Does that make any since.  I can't seem to find the words.

Yea, I know what you mean.

Well all I can say is we try and plug along if we want to keep it going. :) 

If you would like something changed I can see what I can do, but like post numbers in a thread are gone. I can't change that but I can try to make it more custom :) 

Thanks for everyone trying. 

The format actually hasn't changed much at all, this update was mostly about improving some features and adding others, very little changed in the way the forum works. Like Koko said, in the past 14 years the forum has had many updates. The changes on this one were not dramatic at all. One very nice addition was the activity tab. I like that users can adjust the time periods and content that shows there. :) 

I think that the change in overall look scared a lot of people away. It seemed so drastically different they didn't give it a chance. I miss the old look a lot but it didn't take long to work out where things I wanted were

You just have to get used to it.

On August 28, 2017 at 2:52 PM, FishyMandy said:

I think that the change in overall look scared a lot of people away. It seemed so drastically different they didn't give it a chance. I miss the old look a lot but it didn't take long to work out where things I wanted were

Kinda sad though cause it really didn't change much. Some of the graphics I haven't been able to put back or there isn't a spot for it anymore. Like the Icons on the left of the thread I can't change anymore. 

The other thing, I always tell ppl if they need or want something changed to let me know. Dawn has been so nice to point out things that where wrong. 

What Im trying to say is if we want things to be a certain way then we work together and fix it not run off :) 

On August 28, 2017 at 3:44 PM, DawnMichele said:

You just have to get used to it.

:bingo:

If you want something you work on it :) 

1 hour ago, koko said:

Kinda sad though cause it really didn't change much. Some of the graphics I haven't been able to put back or there isn't a spot for it anymore. Like the Icons on the left of the thread I can't change anymore. 

The other thing, I always tell ppl if they need or want something changed to let me know. Dawn has been so nice to point out things that where wrong. 

What Im trying to say is if we want things to be a certain way then we work together and fix it not run off :) 

:bingo:

If you want something you work on it :) 

IM more than happy to help!!! :)

I know Koko :) I think it was the graphics and stuff that made it seem so different but I understand you can't put them back. I wish people had stuck around to get used to it instead of running away. 

I was annoyed by the change. I also thought Koko just DECIDED to change it. I found it kinda sideways that she didn't ask anybody, especially since nobody likes it. Now I realize that she didn't have a choice. That may have run people off, too. :(

I'm still here though. I will try to stay and post from time to time. I learned so much and made friends here. 

1 hour ago, mjfromga said:

I was annoyed by the change. I also thought Koko just DECIDED to change it. I found it kinda sideways that she didn't ask anybody, especially since nobody likes it. Now I realize that she didn't have a choice. That may have run people off, too. :(

I'm still here though. I will try to stay and post from time to time. I learned so much and made friends here. 

Yeah normally I do ask and let everyone know. But I woke up one morning and they said I had to upgrade it since they would not be supporting the old forum. 

What do you do, :) 

But still the thing is. If you guys want something changed let me know and I will try and fix it for you. If you don't know how something works just ask and I will tell ya or figure it out. :) 

I just my self changed my unread content to show me the later posts first and the newer ones later. This way I make sure all the old posts have been read and helped first :) 

Hey Koko, I've been reading this thread and trying to work out what it is I don't like, trying to think of something constructive.... One thing that stuck out to me is the colour... The blue. Maybe it's just me and maybe it's not helpful but the colour feels wrong. There's that whole colour psychology thing, not really my area, but i really like the green, more natural plant colours at the top. It's vibrant and warm. The blue feels very cold and uninviting. Maybe it's worth playing around with the colours? 

Chrissie

I know Koko. I understand how it all works so I'm not really sure what could be changed. Maybe messing with the colours if that's possible would give something similar to the old feel like Chrissie said, but I really have no idea. I just wish people had given it more of a chance. I know one thing I loved on the old layout was the calmer colours, and the background continuing down the page i that makes sense but really I'm just happy this place exists. As long as I can use it, it doesn't matter what it looks like :heart

Thank you for trying to address the problems.  

I tried to use Koko's on my tap-a-talk.  Is is suppose to still work?  I keep getting

"There is a problem with the forum.  Please contact the forum admin or try again later (code - 2209)" 

4 hours ago, ChrissieA said:

Hey Koko, I've been reading this thread and trying to work out what it is I don't like, trying to think of something constructive.... One thing that stuck out to me is the colour... The blue. Maybe it's just me and maybe it's not helpful but the colour feels wrong. There's that whole colour psychology thing, not really my area, but i really like the green, more natural plant colours at the top. It's vibrant and warm. The blue feels very cold and uninviting. Maybe it's worth playing around with the colours? 

Chrissie

Ok, now we are getting some where. I couldn't for the life of me remember what color it really was. I will try and work on this :) 

4 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

I know Koko. I understand how it all works so I'm not really sure what could be changed. Maybe messing with the colours if that's possible would give something similar to the old feel like Chrissie said, but I really have no idea. I just wish people had given it more of a chance. I know one thing I loved on the old layout was the calmer colours, and the background continuing down the page i that makes sense but really I'm just happy this place exists. As long as I can use it, it doesn't matter what it looks like :heart

I will try and work on that. I will try more Green color. I think we where in a Sea green maybe :) 

1 hour ago, Hidr said:

Thank you for trying to address the problems.  

I tried to use Koko's on my tap-a-talk.  Is is suppose to still work?  I keep getting

"There is a problem with the forum.  Please contact the forum admin or try again later (code - 2209)" 

No thats not supposed to be there. Let me take a look at it :)