Kokos Goldfish Forum
mjfromga

2017 Atlanta Koi and Goldfish show

Here's the info: 

http://atlantakoiclub.org

September 29 - October 1

I am an Atlanta Koi Club and a WWKC member and I will be there. Callisto will be with me as well as one other fish I haven't decided on yet. If anybody is in the area feel free to drop by. It's always fun. 

I would love to come there. I haven't been to a show in so long. :( 

Have a wonderful time Myra!!!!

I'm a Koi club member this year and I'll be there. It's mostly Koi but there are always some goldfish too.

I am this PLOOFY headed person. If you're at the show and you see me and are from Kokos, say hi! 

2017-Show_portrait-768x1024.jpg

IMG_20170917_115837.jpg

5 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

I'm a Koi club member this year and I'll be there. It's mostly Koi but there are always some goldfish too.

I am this PLOOFY headed person. If you're at the show and you see me and are from Kokos, say hi! 

Great picture Myra!!!!

Thanks Dawn. Wish you could attend. Would be great to meet you. 

32 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

Thanks Dawn. Wish you could attend. Would be great to meet you. 

I wish I could!!!! We would have so much fun!!!!

That looks like it going to be so much fun. You look really good MJ :) 

Thanks a ton Koko. It'll no doubt be fun. I made a nice new friend by giving up my two boys and he will be joining me there. He's looking for Ranchu or Oranda. Your favorites lol

2 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

Thanks a ton Koko. It'll no doubt be fun. I made a nice new friend by giving up my two boys and he will be joining me there. He's looking for Ranchu or Oranda. Your favorites lol

That is so cool. Oh I hope he finds some good one. Chocolates are my Fav :heart 

I'll bring back lots of photos for you to see. I'm very excited too. Callisto and Ulliri will be joining me just for fun. They're tough boys. They should be just fine. 

23 hours ago, mjfromga said:

I'll bring back lots of photos for you to see. I'm very excited too. Callisto and Ulliri will be joining me just for fun. They're tough boys. They should be just fine. 

Are they going to be showing? 

Yes. Callisto is returning. He went last year and won in the BABY class for his variety SOMEHOW. And I figured his little buddy with him would be cute for this year's show. They're just my little babies and same as last year, they're just entering for fun. Callisto absolutely LOVES the show and the attention etc. 

I hope Callisto & Ulliri do well Myra!!!!

18 hours ago, mjfromga said:

Yes. Callisto is returning. He went last year and won in the BABY class for his variety SOMEHOW. And I figured his little buddy with him would be cute for this year's show. They're just my little babies and same as last year, they're just entering for fun. Callisto absolutely LOVES the show and the attention etc. 

Well I hope we wins again, I have always wanted to do that. Years ago I wanted to show Pharaoh but the only show at that time was a 4 hour drive. :o 

People from Kentucky, NC, Florida etc come to the show here. It is Koi based but always very big. Anyway it'll be fun. Thanks for the well wishes. We are just going for fun. I just take the strong boys who seem to like it. 

I'd love to go to a Goldfish Show, but there are none here (That I know of anyway) I don't think I'd take anyone, but I'd love to go

9 hours ago, mjfromga said:

People from Kentucky, NC, Florida etc come to the show here. It is Koi based but always very big. Anyway it'll be fun. Thanks for the well wishes. We are just going for fun. I just take the strong boys who seem to like it. 

I went to the one in Jacksonville, FL and in Lousieville,KY :) Both really good shows :) 

The Orlando show is the biggest one. The Atlanta show is mostly Koi. Mandy my boys aren't show fish or special, it's just to add to the fish for everyone to look at. Callisto the wonky dude really loved seeing all the people walk up to him etc. So many fish wanted to go home and were moping. 

Show over. Got some photos on my phone from the show. Ulliri won Baby Champion. Yay. 

Yay! Congratulations 

Very impressive!

Thanks everyone! I sure do love Ryukins. There was something up with the water. They could not see issues on tests but there was definitely something. Many koi from several different people went into severe distress, turning over and gasping etc. They needed emergency recovery and two of the largest and best ones didn't make it. These fish seemed fine for a while and then they just started turning over etc. Many other Koi were pink in the body rather than white. This is stress. They were fine when they arrived. The goldfish seemed excessively stressed too. Callisto wasn't fazed but Ulliri began to show stress and I requested to take him home early. He's totally fine but only the toughest fish seemed to do truly well this year. 

IMG_20171001_133726.jpg